liquor stores

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gfrlaser

liquor stores

Post by gfrlaser »

I found a no firearms posted at a liquor store recently and after researching I just want to comfirm. I know state stores used to be operated diffently in Ohio than they are now, but the owner stated that it is state law that firearms are prohibited but I seem to read that it's not true. I am hoping for clarification before sending them a letter in case I missed something some where. Thanks!!
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: liquor stores

Post by JustaShooter »

There is nothing in the Ohio Revised Code that prohibits carry in a liquor store. As is (unfortunately) all too common, the store owner is misinformed.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Thanks! Thats exactly as I thought. Now to find a good template letter to send them. I hope it does some good.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Read the sign carefully. It may be the required "may not be able to carry" sign. We can ignore those. :D Do a search for more information as this subject has been discussed in detail.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Thats true about the sign, I'll have to stop back and look. I found a letter in here posted that will fit, I will send it off to them. At issue was thier statement that it was state law. All I can do is let them know that it is thier choice to be CPZ or not. But then, I am not a drinker and probably have no reason to go back any time soon :-)

Again thanks for the feedback.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

You may want to wait before sending any letter. If the posting is a liquor control board posting, the they think they're covered by it (as in a "true" gun buster sign), let them think it.

Your letter could have the effect that makes them want to put up a lawful sign that restricts us carriers.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Tourist wrote:Read the sign carefully. It may be the required "may not be able to carry" sign. We can ignore those. :D Do a search for more information as this subject has been discussed in detail.
In the Wiki:

http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Liquor_Sign_Myth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

gaptrick wrote:You may want to wait before sending any letter. If the posting is a liquor control board posting, the they think they're covered by it (as in a "true" gun buster sign), let them think it.

Your letter could have the effect that makes them want to put up a lawful sign that restricts us carriers.
+ 1