Cincy Museum Center. Yes or No?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fyrfytr310

Cincy Museum Center. Yes or No?

Post by fyrfytr310 »

A quick search of this forum says no (circa 2006) because of ownership. Can anyone else confirm?
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
JediSkipdogg

Re: Cincy Museum Center. Yes or No?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'll be there in about two weeks and can let you know then, but until then, I don't know.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'll be there in about two weeks and can let you know then, but until then, I don't know.
Well I'm going tomorrow so I guess I will let YOU know lol. :P
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

fyrfytr310 wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:I'll be there in about two weeks and can let you know then, but until then, I don't know.
Looking at a post on here from 2006, it appears that it's a City of Cincinnati owned building, so regardless of being posted or not, it's a no go.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
fyrfytr310 wrote:
Looking at a post on here from 2006, it appears that it's a City of Cincinnati owned building, so regardless of being posted or not, it's a no go.
That's what I am looking to confirm. I had never heard that before. I'll let you all know this afternoon!
-Mike

NRA Life Member

Tench Coxe
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Quasi-goobermint building at least, they sure don't have any problems taking and cashing the taxpayer-funded checks.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Not posted but according to the teenager ticket-taker, it is owned by the city.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

Tench Coxe
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

And IMO....that is something we should address in law as well. There should be posting requirements, or if it's not posted, it's not a violation. And if a private entity leases a government building, and decides to post, at most it's criminal trespass. A building in the city I work for is owned by the city and has a nail/hair salon and a realtor's office in it. The city ended up with the building in a private deal that backfired on them. So technically when we have special events in the area, and one decides to get a haircut, they would be arrested for a felony since government employees are regularly present there during special events.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Museum Center and Music Hall announced yesterday they want to go to the taxpayer well yet again. This time via a countywide sales tax increase. (Those are almost insidious because most folks tend not to notice the dozens or hundreds of tiny nibbles at their wallets. And of course if it goes through--from 6.75% to 7.25%--unless they specifically put a "sunset" date in the language, it'll never go back down.

Point being if they were truly private enterprises they'd have been shuttered long ago.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

I always shake my head. The 2nd (& all) amendment(s) is a prohibition against .gov infringing our gun rights - yet it is always the .gov owned buildings that are statutorily off limits. By statute, in accordance with the 2A, all buildings and property purchased with tax payer dollars should be the places we are MOST allowed to carry.

I like Texas' model of a fast-lane into the state house for CHL holders. Seems more in line with 2A.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

JediSkipdogg wrote:And IMO....that is something we should address in law as well. There should be posting requirements, or if it's not posted, it's not a violation. And if a private entity leases a government building, and decides to post, at most it's criminal trespass. A building in the city I work for is owned by the city and has a nail/hair salon and a realtor's office in it. The city ended up with the building in a private deal that backfired on them. So technically when we have special events in the area, and one decides to get a haircut, they would be arrested for a felony since government employees are regularly present there during special events.
Yes, I definitely agree that the law needs to be changed. It's the same for a lot of hospitals. Most hospitals today are private corporations but many use publicly owned real estate. Who know who really owns the University of Cincinnati Medical Center? (We have had this discussion before and the real estate records are not clear.)

It's not just the misdemeanor vs felony thing, we also lose the "knowingly" protection.
Not posted but according to the teenager ticket-taker, it is owned by the city.
As if some teen would understand the complexities of real estate ownership, subrogation, leasing, semi public ownership, etc...... He probably thinks the University of Cincinnati is owned by Cincinnati....