New GB Sign ....

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RC1959

New GB Sign ....

Post by RC1959 »

So one of my customers replaced their standard GB sign (ie no concealed....) with this sign...

So at first glance, it's like a partial win for CHL holders...
- though still targeting OC (OK, they just don't want to SEE it)

but the infamous slashed gun and the "Except for Law Enforcement..." on the bottom has got me wondering.

I'm thinking I'd go with "concealed means concealed" and if nobody sees it, we're good to go.
- but if you look at the rest of the sign... are they really "No Gun except LEO"?

Then there is the grey area of "printing" or an accidental "flash"
- do you become an "accidental tresspass"

Anybody got any other thoughts?
OFCC Patron
NRA Life Member
RWVA Member: Have you tried Appleseed yet? http://appleseedinfo.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Infidel
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New GB Sign ....

Post by CroManGun »

The way I see it, open or concealed carry OK for LE. Concealed carry for everyone else. As far as printing or a flash, I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it. I've had people tell me I'm printing when my cellphone case flips open.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

CroManGun wrote:The way I see it, open or concealed carry OK for LE. Concealed carry for everyone else. As far as printing or a flash, I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it. I've had people tell me I'm printing when my cellphone case flips open.
That's the way I see it, 'cepting for the cellphone case.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

It's pretty clear from the wording "Open Carry Of Firearms" --- that concealed carry would be ok.

I'm a believer that people mean what they say and say what they mean when it's printed. If you didn't want ANY guns, concealed or otherwise, then say so. What they said was, no "Open" carry. So I wouldn't do that.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

And, just like the Fin in Ashland, this business would not get my money... whether I'm carrying openly OR discreetly...
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I think I see what they're getting at, but...... the thing about law enforcement possessing identification is perplexing. 99% of law enforcement who are openly carrying will be in uniform or will have a badge displayed. A badge is not identification. I and many other cops do not carry their full wallet while on duty. The ID and all my credit cards stay in the locker.

If I'm in that business on official business, in uniform, are they really going to ask for my police ID as well?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I would purposely print so badly that my shirt would be screaming for mercy. :twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I would purposely print so badly that my shirt would be screaming for mercy. :twisted:

Ummmm...... yeah, leaving that one alone. :mrgreen:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

WayneB wrote:It's pretty clear from the wording "Open Carry Of Firearms" --- that concealed carry would be ok.

I'm a believer that people mean what they say and say what they mean when it's printed. If you didn't want ANY guns, concealed or otherwise, then say so. What they said was, no "Open" carry. So I wouldn't do that.
Conversely, when I go to Friday's by South Park Mall, I always open carry because the sign says "No Concealed Handguns".
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

CroManGun wrote:
WayneB wrote:It's pretty clear from the wording "Open Carry Of Firearms" --- that concealed carry would be ok.

Conversely, when I go to Friday's by South Park Mall, I always open carry because the sign says "No Concealed Handguns".
That would be my interpretation as well.

Seems like they're fine with handguns as long as they can plainly see who has them. It's the ones they can't see that really scares them.
davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

You'll see more signs like this or worse, flat out bans as long as the idiots in TX keep up with their idiocy of going into otherwise neutral private businesses with slung AR's.

I saw a no guns sign posted on El Rancho Grande restaurant tonight at the corner of Rt 747 and Union Ctr Blvd in West Chester where there was no sign before. I know damn well it is because of all the BAD press the in your face Texans are stirring up.

They are setting gun rights back 20 years......idiots!
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

BriKuz wrote:And, just like the Fin in Ashland, this business would not get my money... whether I'm carrying openly OR discreetly...
This is news to me. What's up with FFF in Ashland? I have plans to go there soon.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

See this threads getting old, butI'd like to know who/where this business is.....didn't see it mentioned?

I'd try and have a conversation w/ the owner over the issue of openly carried HANDGUNS in private business' verses openly carried LONG GUNS in a private business'(which is why all this BS started In the first place)......there IS A DIFFERENCE In how the public reacts to a handgun v/ a RIFLE carried this way.

Another issue..... I OC most of the time and CC when the situation calls for it but I still wouldn't patronize them even if I were still allowed to CC and politely let them know why and if I CC'd all the time I'd still not patronize them.......they are discrimonating against MY "FELLOW" (handgun) CARRIERS! Point is, we need to support each other, no matter how they choose to carry. What I see on this board and others boards also, is that if this issue of open carry goes south,and company's start posting against OC and leave CC alone, most of the CC only crowd will still patronize.......after all, what the hell, it doesn't affect them, right?.......well, I bet it might down the road! We ALL need to be vocal in this issue even if you don't openly carry.

As the old saying goes....We either hang together or we'll hang......well......!

Also , Brikuz made a statement earlyier:
BriKuz wrote:And, just like the Fin in Ashland, this business would not get my money... whether I'm carrying openly OR discreetly...
I know Brikuz carryies openly and I know what he was saying but
his comment made me ask myself,why is openly carrying a properly holstered handgun and keeping it holstered without doing anything else to draw attention to it, considered INDISCREET? (just where IS the line drawn between discreet and indiscreet anyhow?)......I know, I know, it's visible to the surrounding public but most of us who carry this way usually admit that few notice and those "or most" that do notice a holstered handgun aren't alarmed(depending on the area, I suppose).

Although we need to be aware of how the sheep out there think, we sometimes, (or maybe it's just me) inadvertantly think just like them.

Not sure I accurately stated here what was on my mind but just felt the need to vent a few things.

Probably get flamed some here too, but .....
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Also , Brikuz made a statement earlyier:
I know Brikuz carryies openly and I know what he was saying but
his comment made me ask myself,why is openly carrying a properly holstered handgun and keeping it holstered without doing anything else to draw attention to it, considered INDISCREET? (just where IS the line drawn between discreet and indiscreet anyhow?)......I know, I know, it's visible to the surrounding public but most of us who carry this way usually admit that few notice and those "or most" that do notice a holstered handgun aren't alarmed(depending on the area, I suppose).
Well, I understand why Fin Feather Fur has that policy. They buy and sell guns. Lots and lot and lots of guns. They know that many guns will be going in and out of their store on a regular basis. And many of those guns will be handled by knuckleheads. And despite the fact that nobody wants to talk about it, some of those knuckleheads will be people with currently clean records who are making straw purchases for drug dealers and other unsavory characters. Given all those circumstances, they really want a firm rule that all firearms be unloaded with the action open. The problem is that they don't want to alienate concealed handgun carriers. Therefore, if you ask the concealed handgun carriers to keep their firearms concealed, it's more difficult for the knuckleheads to complain, "But you let him carry a loaded gun! That's not fair!"

Also note that the policy at the Fin is better than the policy at local gun shows, where the strict rule is no loaded firearms and no loaded magazines, period. And even then, negligent discharges happen at those gun shows.

Edit: Oh, yeah ... and BriKuz needs to quit dragging his feet and get a CHL.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Hmmmm........wasn't aware Brikuz didn't have a CHL :lol: .......so when he says "whether he carries openly OR discreetly", how does he carry discreetly if "only" CC is considered "DISCREET"?
Maybe he can enlighten us or am I missing a joke here?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".