Petsmart (Medina) REMOVED Gun Buster Signs

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

metop92

Petsmart (Medina) REMOVED Gun Buster Signs

Post by metop92 »

In Jan, 2014, I tried to visit the PetSmart store in Medina, OH, but was disappointed to see their posting of GB signs on the front doors. I did not enter, and decided to go somewhere else to get what I needed. In the next few days, I contacted PetSmart, via their website, and made my case as to why I would not shop at this location anymore/they are turning law-abiding citizens/customers away/etc. I also informed them that I was adding this location to the DNPWA database here on the ohioccw website.

Recently (~Mar, 2014), I happened to be in the same shopping center, and decided to see if the signs were still posted. To my surprise, they were no longer there. Intrigued, I walked up to the entrance, and did a thorough inspection of the entrance, but exterior, interior, and all windows at the entrance, and saw no signage at all. I've reported several other locations in my town/town where I work, but this is the first time I've personally seen signs come down from a place I've reported to the DNPWA!

Today, I contacted ohioccw website to now remove this PetSmart location from the database.

Question: should I contact PetSmart to let them know they will be removed from the DNPWA/thank/encourage them for taking down the signage, or should I just leave well enough alone? (I apologize in advance if this type of topic is already covered here in the forum somewhere else/multiple times)
NRA Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & RSO
Avid collector of WW2 Japanese militaria
xracer

Re: Petsmart (Medina) REMOVED Gun Buster Signs

Post by xracer »

I've been going to Pet Smart on Howe Rd in Akron/Cuyohoga Falls for a few years now and have noticed that they had a sign, didn't have a sign, had a sign and now do not have a sign. Wish they would make up thier mind...They will go for six monthes or more with and then without a sign???
Keep your eyes on the road and the rubber side down.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

metop92 wrote:Question: should I contact PetSmart to let them know they will be removed from the DNPWA/thank/encourage them for taking down the signage, or should I just leave well enough alone?
I would leave well enough alone.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JustaShooter wrote:
metop92 wrote:Question: should I contact PetSmart to let them know they will be removed from the DNPWA/thank/encourage them for taking down the signage, or should I just leave well enough alone?
I would leave well enough alone.
Ditto.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Next time I'm dining across the street from my nearest PetSmart I'll look at the doors again. Last time the signs were gone from their very odd, long time location: On the glass alongside the sliding doors, maybe eight inches above the ground. Dog's eye level? It was weird.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BobK

Post by BobK »

metop92 wrote:Question: should I contact PetSmart to let them know they will be removed from the DNPWA/thank/encourage them for taking down the signage, or should I just leave well enough alone? (I apologize in advance if this type of topic is already covered here in the forum somewhere else/multiple times)
No.

Sometimes a store will have door glass broken, or a new signs package arrive, or just "stuff happens". It is possible that no one meant to take the sign down, it was not reinstalled by oversight.

Bringing it to their attention could result in, "Oh jeez, we forgot to put it back up! Thanks for reminding us!"

For what it is worth, none of the Petsmarts (or any other national chain retail store) are posted in Texas.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
metop92

Post by metop92 »

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll leave well enough alone.
NRA Member
Voice

Post by Voice »

Would you PM me the message you sent? I have two in my area, and only the close one is posted. I'd like to take a stab at getting it removed, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so.
metop92

Post by metop92 »

PM Sent.
NRA Member
Voice

Post by Voice »

Thanks.
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

The PetSmart in Willoughby was posted. Like mentioned above, at German Shepard eye-level. This was early last year. It may have been posted earlier but with all their junk on the windows that's when I saw it. I left, went to PetSuppliesPlus a few times and emailed PetSmart about the signs along with a pic of my PPS receipts. A couple months ago (November?) I noticed the Petsmart signs were removed. It may have been emails like mine or maybe they just washed the windows. I never received a reply from corporate so no way to tell. The signs are down now so I do shop there again. I'd like to thank them but I don't want to remind them to put the signs back up. Better to stay quiet in situations like this.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I've been working on PetSmart. I am restricted from releasing emails however their attitude towards CCW should be loosening up, it will be based upon individual store managers' final decisions and they don't want a mess like Starbucks got last year because of their corporate image as a friendly place for pets and families.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.