Buffalo Wild Wings canton,oh

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Harleywood

Buffalo Wild Wings canton,oh

Post by Harleywood »

Walked in the other day for lunch and looked for a sign as I walked in .The wife was also looking and we saw nothing prohibiting a firearm. On the way out I again kept looking and I see it..It was on the front door window but the windows were so tinted you could only see it when you are exiting. I wanted to advise the owner but did not have the time.

Also was eating lunch in another restaurant/bar no signage on entry until you go all the way back to the bar you see a sign prohibiting firearms..Too late for both eating joints I was carrying and had no intention to leave and remove my firearm. I may be wrong but I can see a lot of gray areas when I CC. I figured as long as I wasn't showing I am not leaving under those circumstances. Should I approach management and ask them to make better signage so I don't break the law. I didn't want to then after I already had illegally carried in the establishment but will on another occasion. :(
I refuse to be a victim
djthomas

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings canton,oh

Post by djthomas »

Harleywood wrote:Should I approach management and ask them to make better signage so I don't break the law. I didn't want to then after I already had illegally carried in the establishment but will on another occasion. :(
Nope. You were good up until you saw the sign. The fact that it was on your way out is unfortunate for them. You did nothing illegal.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Harleywood wrote:It was on the front door window but the windows were so tinted you could only see it when you are exiting. I wanted to advise the owner but did not have the time.
What would you advise them?

Harleywood wrote:Also was eating lunch in another restaurant/bar no signage on entry until you go all the way back to the bar you see a sign prohibiting firearms..
Are you sure that wasn't a liquor control sign instead of a no guns sign?

Harleywood wrote:Should I approach management and ask them to make better signage so I don't break the law.
No.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

I will not lift a finger to help an establishment make my life more difficult.
Should I approach management and ask them to make better signage so I don't break the law.
Nope. You didn't break the law. You did exactly as required by law. Once you were aware that they prohibited guns, you left. (If that is indeed what the sign meant.)

Any "no guns" sign I see by a bar, I assume they mean they don't want people with guns drinking -- which would be against Ohio law. If they didn't want me coming in, I assume they would put that sign by the entry door.

It makes no logical sense that if you don't want people with guns coming in that you put the sign where they would have to come in to see it.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

As it is now, folks that do not see that sign can enter and not be committing any crime. And they can enjoy their meal until and unless they are asked to leave.

You won't win any prizes if you convince the manager to post a readily visible sign so that there can be NO DOUBT that we cannot enter armed.
MyWifeSaidYes
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:As it is now, folks that do not see that sign can enter and not be committing any crime. And they can enjoy their meal until and unless they are asked to leave.
Unless they decide to have beer or wine or other ethanol-containing beverages with dinner. That would be bad.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Werz wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:As it is now, folks that do not see that sign can enter and not be committing any crime. And they can enjoy their meal until and unless they are asked to leave.
Unless they decide to have beer or wine or other ethanol-containing beverages with dinner. That would be bad.
But, as licensees, we are supposed to know that already. Sign or no, we are not supposed to consume alcohol while armed.

ETA: To the OP, do NOT notify management that their signs are not visible, and as also noted, the liquor control signs ("WARNING, If you are carrying a firearm in this liquor establishment you may be guilty, . . ., etc.), if that is what you saw, do not apply to licensees carrying in the establishment as long as they are not consuming alcohol.

Don't ask, don't tell still applies in these situations.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
mreising

Post by mreising »

As an additional comment, there are sufficient posts on this forum to indicate that Buffalo Wild Wings is not friendly to our cause and many have decided to no longer patronize them, even when not armed.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
mudbathin

Post by mudbathin »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some of you are working way to hard to find signage. If I don't see something on the way in, I quit looking.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

mudbathin wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some of you are working way to hard to find signage.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: some of you are handing way too much of your hard-earned cash to people who would prefer you had no rights at all.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Harleywood

Post by Harleywood »

As a new CC I guess I look a little too hard ..LOL I get the point keep your mouth shut and leave well enough alone. :mrgreen:
I refuse to be a victim