question about a sign

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SigSauerp938

question about a sign

Post by SigSauerp938 »

I saw a sign at my local grocery store. It says "Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.112, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises" with the famous gun buster logo beside it. I cannot find that specific code. I found 2923.11 and would have to guess that the 2 refers to handguns. Do any one know if 2923.112 is still in effect?
Keep Calm and Carry On.
pirateguy191

Re: question about a sign

Post by pirateguy191 »

I think you mean 2923.121

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
mreising

Post by mreising »

Time to find a new grocery store.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
docachna

Post by docachna »

mreising wrote:Time to find a new grocery store.
Then, once a month, take photocopies of the month's grocery receipts over to the manager at your former grocery, and remind him that the ONLY reason you're shopping elsewhere is that they do not choose to interfere with your right to protect yourself and your family. "After all, bad guys don't make appointments in advance." :evil:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
BobK

Post by BobK »

pirateguy191 wrote:I think you mean 2923.121

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I think he means R.C. 2923.1212 Signage prohibiting concealed handguns.
(A) The following persons, boards, and entities, or designees, shall post in the following locations a sign that contains a statement in substantially the following form: "Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.":
Agree that it is time to either get the grocery store to take down the sign or time to find a new grocery.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Please feel free to share with us what grocery store this is. Whether it's an independent or part of a chain we can add some more voices of protest for the management to hear.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

docachna wrote:
mreising wrote:Time to find a new grocery store.
Then, once a month, take photocopies of the month's grocery receipts over to the manager at your former grocery, and remind him that the ONLY reason you're shopping elsewhere is that they do not choose to interfere with your right to protect yourself and your family. "After all, bad guys don't make appointments in advance." :evil:
Or, in other words, "I was turned away at your door."
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Would it be poor form for me to hold the entrance door open for a masked robber with a gun in his hand? :shock:

I would even point out the CPZ sign to him on his way in! :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

As long as one is exiting the venue, I think not…
SigSauerp938

Post by SigSauerp938 »

Thanks for all of the replies. I spoke with the manager once and a few weeks later the sign was down!
Keep Calm and Carry On.