"Sweet Success" or "How I flipped a CPZ"

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: "Sweet Success" or "How I flipped a CPZ"

Post by Cruiser »

Ohio Bankers League issues one of those transparent decals for their members.
And also the Ohio Automobile Dealers Association does the same.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Cruiser wrote:Ohio Bankers League issues one of those transparent decals for their members.
What those signs really say is "We reserve the right to ask you politely to remove your firearms from the premises if you're scaring the sheep, but we don't want to make a big deal about it because it might hurt our business."
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Werz wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Ohio Bankers League issues one of those transparent decals for their members.
What those signs really say is "We reserve the right to ask you politely to remove your firearms from the premises if you're scaring the sheep, but we don't want to make a big deal about it because it might hurt our business."
Pretty much. :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
BobK

Post by BobK »

Werz wrote:
They say the same thing in Texas. They also reassure the sheeple that it is a gun-free zone without actually making it a gun-free zone.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BobK wrote:They say the same thing in Texas. They also reassure the sheeple that it is a gun-free zone without actually making it a gun-free zone.
Hence reinforcing some of my less-than-flattering thoughts of bankers and car dealers. Trying to deceive customers before they've set foot inside the places.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Werz wrote:
Yeah, that was why my comment about places that want it both ways. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
0Gravity

Post by 0Gravity »

I was a contactor on this site and can say for sure that the door on the corner of the building was a brand new door, so the stickers were not from an prior Tennant....I meet the owner/manager several times and he seemed like a good guy... Good for him for taking them down! I can also say FOR A FACT that there cupcakes are awesome.... He brought in a variety every week for the crew! Mmmmm
natertot

Post by natertot »

For the OP, congrats on the accomplishment! If you don't mind, I'm going to save the letter as a guide. It was short, concise, professional, factual, and never degrading. Perfect!
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

Agreed. Good work! I like the part of the note that said the most important statistic was the $22 the business didn't get today. I also really liked the response from the owner - they come down before we open tomorrow. Sounds like an owner that's on the ball. Kind of makes me wonder how the sign got up in the first place.

Perhaps someone put them up on behalf of the owner (store mgr, etc.) as part of a final prep before opening. Perhaps the owner saw the stats (these are law abiding people that spend money) - Don't know --- but like the end result.
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

natertot wrote:For the OP, congrats on the accomplishment! If you don't mind, I'm going to save the letter as a guide. It was short, concise, professional, factual, and never degrading. Perfect!

No problem, that's why I shared it.

I sent a note to the owner with some pictures of my first purchase there, but he never replied. I'm not sure he's an ally but damn is their popcorn great!
joe98

Post by joe98 »

Don't the signs have to be conspicuous? What's the law on that?
mreising

Post by mreising »

joe98 wrote:Don't the signs have to be conspicuous? What's the law on that?
The sign must be in a conspicuous location; there is a slight difference between that and the sign being conspicuous.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.