Chipotle will be removing their signs!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sr44

Chipotle will be removing their signs!

Post by sr44 »

I was in the Mayfield Heights Chipotle store the other day and noticed for the first time they had the sign posed on the door that said "No guns, please". I had been going to this particular one for many years and knew it was a recent addition. I got back from lunch and immediately emailed corporate if this was a new policy. This is the response I got back: "Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you were upset by this sign at our restaurant. We have been considering this policy for a while and we have actually decided to remove these signs from all our restaurants. Of course, we will still follow all local laws regarding guns—and we will ask that our guests do the same—but we will not place any restrictions other than those required by local law. Are you able to tell me which location you visited? I'd love to reach out and ask them to remove the sign." Two days later the sign was gone. Looks like it will be a corporate wide initiative to have the signs taken down. Glad to hear, and I felt good about my first time approaching about signage removal.
NRA Life Member
muxtech

Re: Chipotle will be removing their signs!

Post by muxtech »

And it's nice to be able to remain seated and finish my burrito when/if another patron decides to purchase a margarita.
The British are going! The British are going!
rolltide92

Post by rolltide92 »

Great when companies respect our rights. I don't know if many people know it, but no one who is going in there to rob the place will abide by that sign.
HkSniper

Post by HkSniper »

Chipotle in Mansfield has never been posted from what I have seen.

Also, "No guns, please?" Sounds like it is more of a suggestion but not a demand. I doubt that would carry much weight in my opinion...
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

the Chipotle in Green( just south of Akron) has no sign on the door, but there is a small sign on a cork board back by the bathrooms. It may just be a warning about drinking alcohol while armed. anyone else see a sign like this at other Chipotles or other restaurants?
In one hand I've a Bible,
In the other I've got a gun.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Duke of Advil wrote:the Chipotle in Green( just south of Akron) has no sign on the door, but there is a small sign on a cork board back by the bathrooms. It may just be a warning about drinking alcohol while armed. anyone else see a sign like this at other Chipotles or other restaurants?
It depends onthe sign. If it is the Liquor Control sign, i.e., "Warning, if you are carrying a fire arm in this....you may be guilty of a felony...", that does not apply to CHL licensees, as long as they are not consuming alcohol.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

mreising wrote:
Duke of Advil wrote:the Chipotle in Green( just south of Akron) has no sign on the door, but there is a small sign on a cork board back by the bathrooms. It may just be a warning about drinking alcohol while armed. anyone else see a sign like this at other Chipotles or other restaurants?
It depends onthe sign. If it is the Liquor Control sign, i.e., "Warning, if you are carrying a fire arm in this....you may be guilty of a felony...", that does not apply to CHL licensees, as long as they are not consuming alcohol.
I think that was the wording....."may be guilty". I seen it before I started my CCW training and I was taking my 4 year old to the bathroom so i just seen the anti-gun symbol and got to read a couple words that were in a bold font. I need to go back there and double check.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Here is a link to the current version of the liquor control sign. Many Class D premises still have an older version of the sign which is worded slightly different, but the net result is the same, it does not apply to CHL holders.

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

mreising wrote:Here is a link to the current version of the liquor control sign. Many Class D premises still have an older version of the sign which is worded slightly different, but the net result is the same, it does not apply to CHL holders.
Someone reading that and not knowing the law could read a lot into it and assume anyone with a gun is breaking the law. One slight flash could bring the police in to investagate. you would think that somewhere on there they would mention legal carry.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.
mreising

Post by mreising »

It is up to us to know and obey the law. It has been mentioned by some forumites that some businesses may believe that sign is a general prohibition on carry in their facility. They are mistaken but if they ask you to leave you must.

Mark
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

... but if they ask you to leave you must.
Which would apply with or without any sign anywhere.
rolltide92

Post by rolltide92 »

sr44 wrote:I was in the Mayfield Heights Chipotle store the other day and noticed for the first time they had the sign posed on the door that said "No guns, please". I had been going to this particular one for many years and knew it was a recent addition. I got back from lunch and immediately emailed corporate if this was a new policy. This is the response I got back: "Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you were upset by this sign at our restaurant. We have been considering this policy for a while and we have actually decided to remove these signs from all our restaurants. Of course, we will still follow all local laws regarding guns—and we will ask that our guests do the same—but we will not place any restrictions other than those required by local law. Are you able to tell me which location you visited? I'd love to reach out and ask them to remove the sign." Two days later the sign was gone. Looks like it will be a corporate wide initiative to have the signs taken down. Glad to hear, and I felt good about my first time approaching about signage removal.
score one for the good guys.
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

Let's not "thank" them by having an open carry rally there.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

SeanC wrote:Let's not "thank" them by having an open carry rally there.
This times infinity!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Um, let's not get excited, folks. This thread was dead for nearly a year before it was resurrected - given more recent events (thanks, OCT... :roll:) and the MDA push last year where Chipotle issued their statement that they had worked with MDA and did not want folks carrying into their restaurants I see nothing here to be happy about.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!