Metro Parks

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mrmike

Re: Metro Parks

Post by mrmike »

Pleasant Guy, If what you say is true then I owe an apology to him and everyone else reading this. I am on a LOT of medication but do not desire to explain why. At this point in time it is still very personal. If I have offended anyone in any way, please accept my sincerest apology. Thank you. VERY much.
Μολών Λαβέ...... Nuff said.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
–Ronald Reagan
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

mrmike-

Can you tell us who you spoke to at the sheriff's department, or at least when?

Thanks!

Also, ONLY townships do not have authority to regulate discharge of firearms. Municipal corporations can, and that includes villages and cities.

ORC 9.68 does not prevent regulating the USE of firearms. ORC 504.04, regarding townships, does.
MyWifeSaidYes
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

mrmike wrote:I am on a LOT of medication but do not desire to explain why. At this point in time it is still very personal.
Quite reasonable - too many folks put too much information out in the public eye, only to sincerely regret it later.

My only caution is that there seems to be no practical or rational limit binding today's prosecutors, and that an infirmity of any sort can be distorted by them (post-shooting) as the very reason you shouldn't have had a firearm to begin with. Only the politically-connected get a free pass, and only as long as their connections prove useful.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I was at one of the Metro Parks last night in Sugar Creek near Centerville. A posted sign said "no dangerous weapons permitted unless authorized..." My question is, is this some sort of blanket statement to allow RAS stop if they want to or is it referring to knives and bows/arrows? Seems a bit of a broad statement. My daughters jump rope can be a dangerous weapon if I want to be.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"