Monroe Muffler Brake in Lancaster

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AFVet

Monroe Muffler Brake in Lancaster

Post by AFVet »

Stopped by Monroe to get an oil change this morning and noticed a gun buster sign on the door. I disarmed, went inside and asked to speak to a manager. The guy behind the desk said he was covering as manager and asked to help him. I proceeded to inform him that he lost my business today and in the future due to the sign. He told me that it was corporate policy and they had no choice, and the reasoning is to prevent people from robbing them. I asked him how a piece of paper would stop a criminal from taking what he wanted and he just kind of shrugged. I left telling him that I would spread the word that Monroe was a CPZ as per corporate policy and I understood he had no choice in the matter.
NERES

Re: Monroe Muffler Brake in Lancaster

Post by NERES »

AFVet wrote:... He told me that it was corporate policy and they had no choice,...
It could well be "corporate policy" or it could be that this is just his way to deflect criticism from himself to someone or something else (a very common technique). So, until it is confirmed that this is actually "corporate policy" it might be better not to state this conclusion.
AFVet

Post by AFVet »

True, I'm just passing on what was told to me by the "acting" manager at the time.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

As an aside I find their radio ads to be highly obnoxious, particularly the ones they run on talk radio. Sometimes I hear the same stupid ad at every commercial segment - six or more times an hour. The old lady testimonial about how they're "so great" because they know which of her cars need synthetic oil versus which need conventional makes me :roll: every time.
stihlboy

Post by stihlboy »

NERES wrote:
AFVet wrote:... He told me that it was corporate policy and they had no choice,...
It could well be "corporate policy" or it could be that this is just his way to deflect criticism from himself to someone or something else (a very common technique). So, until it is confirmed that this is actually "corporate policy" it might be better not to state this conclusion.
It is a (MMB) company wide policy including Mr.tire, Monro muffler brake, autotire. If you have any issues in Columbus call 18008766676 ext 6121 or 6113