Papa Johns Muirfield dublin OH

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mike43064

Papa Johns Muirfield dublin OH

Post by mike43064 »

Order a pizza from online using my phone. And since I was out and about I decided to pick up. Once I got to the door I seen the gun buster sign. I opened the door and called out my name. They looked up and asked my phone number and proceeded to check me out. I was upset. Since the pizza was free (papa rewards points) I continued with my transaction. Then I added a 2 litter of pop. Still standing with the door open. The lady walked over to get my money and to delivery my pizza and pop.

What struck me funny is no asked me why I wasnt coming in. I did explain to them as I wanted them to know that I acknowledge that they only allow criminals with guns in their store. Pizza sucked last night as well. Which was good. It gave me 2 bad tastes in my mouth. Easier to quit my business relationship with papa johns.
2nd Amendment MC: We are a group of guys and gals that love to ride motorcycles and believe in what the 2nd Amendment stands for. visit us at http://www.2amc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Papa Johns Muirfield dublin OH

Post by Stryker74 »

I am not in that area as often anymore since I work from home - but I used to frequent Marco's in that area. Not sure if they are a CPZ or not - but the pizza was great the last time I had it.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Sent to Customer Service at corporate office today:
Yesterday, my wife ordered three pizzas online and asked me to stop by your Dublin location to pick them up on my way home. She had pre-paid for the order and I simply needed to pick it up. As I approached the front door, I saw a "no guns" sign in the window. As a law-abiding concealed carry licensee, I was forced to return to my car to disarm before entering your store. As you may know, the sign in your front window makes it illegal to enter while lawfully armed. Since personal safety should be at the forefront of everyone's concerns, I hope you recognize that the posted "no guns allowed" sign causes your Muirfield Road store to be LESS safe in case of any serious encounter with a criminally-minded person.

Like over 400,000 other Ohioans, I choose to lawfully carry a concealed firearm to protect myself and my family. As an Ohio Concealed Handgun License holder, I have no felony convictions, have never been convicted of any drug offense, and have passed a criminal history background check. How much do you know about your other customers?

The only reason that I disarmed myself this one time was because the pizza had already been paid for. Despite the good pizza that we enjoyed, my family and I will not support any company who has such a policy. The vast majority of your competition recognizes that this arbitrary restriction is meaningless and that because you have a sign at your front door, you are ensuring that only criminals will be armed in your store while announcing to them that nobody will be there to stop them from acting. Instead, we will buy our pizza from any of your many competitors who do not arbitrarily put everyone's safety at risk by forcing lawfully armed citizens to disarm.

In Ohio, there is no liability risk from allowing lawfully armed citizens in your store, so that should not be of concern. As a courtesy, I will ensure that your information is entered into the Ohioans For Concealed Carry database of businesses who refuse business to all of us. When you choose to remove this restriction, I will be more than happy to remove that information from the database.

Please remove this unnecessary and offensive sign, please change your policy, and please realistically consider the impact of this policy on public and employee safety concerns.

Sincerely,
sd790
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Papa's corporate policy is "No Guns for LACs"... Kinda sucks, because janae and I LIKE papa j's. Corporate will send you a form letter...
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

It is a nice letter, except for the reference to the OFCC database. To me, the way you represented it is different than the "Do not patronize while armed" database..
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

That's okay. I don't patronize them when I'm unarmed, either.

Good letter!

I might send a follow-up on Monday.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I don't remember seeing a CPZ sign at the Papa John's on West Broad Street.

Are franchisees able to post or not post as they please?

If so, pick on the store.

If not, pick on corporate.
MyWifeSaidYes
YoteHuntr

Post by YoteHuntr »

Hmmm, I frequent the Papa Johns in New Carlisle and am always armed. I have looked and have never seen any anti-gun signs there.

If it is truly a corporate policy of theirs to disarm law abiding citizens, my trip to cash in my remaining reward points will be my last trip to any Papa Johns. Do we have firm confirmation that it is their corporate policy to be a CPZ?
U.S.A.F. Retired (1974-1998)
NRA Endowment Life Member
OFCC Member
USCCA Member
Handloader 34 years
EDC Gun: Ruger LC9s, SR9c and/or LCP

roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

The store at Morse and Karl is posted. I went in there to pickup a takeout recently while we were armed and shopping at Kroger next door (we usually have our order delivered, but needed some other stuff). I was pretty disappointed as we call out for papa's 3-4 times a month. A couple pizzas with wings and the cookie thing my wife and kid like prolly averages about $100 a month. I should write them myself. If they cannot see past the stupidity of that sign, I'll just grab a couple pizzas and wings from Kroger...... :roll:
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

roughsawn wrote:<snip>A couple pizzas with wings and the cookie thing my wife and kid like prolly averages about $100 a month. I should write them myself. </snip>
Please do. I've been writing follow-ups to them regularly since then, which have been ignored. Your voice added to mine (and anyone else) may cause someone there to actually think... :roll:
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

BriKuz wrote:Papa's corporate policy is "No Guns for LACs"... Kinda sucks, because janae and I LIKE papa j's. Corporate will send you a form letter...
No form letter from corporate. It took weeks of prodding, but today I had a very encouraging discussion with a decision-maker. Stay tuned...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I'm on the edge of my seat !!
MyWifeSaidYes
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

[sd790],

Thank you for following up on this matter. Just wanted to let you know that we have made the decision to remove the no guns sign from the window. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,
[PaPa John's "Area Coach"]
PaPa John's for dinner!

If you are able, please go there to support their good decision!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Oh, my.

Yes. Yes, I may just have to do Papa John's tonight.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

sd790 wrote:
[sd790],

Thank you for following up on this matter. Just wanted to let you know that we have made the decision to remove the no guns sign from the window. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,
[PaPa John's "Area Coach"]
PaPa John's for dinner!

If you are able, please go there to support their good decision!
This effects a specific store?