Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Posted

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Poste

Post by Cosmos »

It would be a very cold day in Miami before I drove almost 200 miles roundtrip to visit a store that may/may not be posted as they are all company owned. Save your money and either purchase from other local retailers or shop online. There is nothing sold in Micro Center that I cannot find elsewhere.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cosmos wrote:There is nothing sold in Micro Center that I cannot find elsewhere.
Agreed.

However, there are quite a few things sold at Micro Center that you'd have trouble locating anywhere else (in the Cincinnati area) TODAY.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

jabeatty wrote:
Cosmos wrote:There is nothing sold in Micro Center that I cannot find elsewhere.
Agreed.

However, there are quite a few things sold at Micro Center that you'd have trouble locating anywhere else (in the Cincinnati area) TODAY.
Yup - we're very thin on major computer retail in Cincy. We used to have a CompUSA, but they've been gone for a long while. Online is fine... just not fast enough, sometimes. Re: my mention of the server rack's switch going out on moving weekend. Have to have it, RFN.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

I wrote an email to their customer service explaining why I wouldn't be shopping there any longer, and I'd encourage others to do the same.
Glock36fs

Post by Glock36fs »

I was just up at the Columbus store earlier this evening it was not posted.
RESTORE AMERICA NOW!...Ron Paul 2012.

"The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of wealth], and a community of goods, are as visionary and impracticable as those which vest all property in the Crown. [These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional." - Samuel Adams

"Guns don't kill people, the government does." -Dale Gribble
Gunner75

Post by Gunner75 »

Ive sent a rather poignant email to them describing my displeasure with their stance that is contradictory from one store to another. I told them I used to be happy with driving 150 miles round trip to get what I needed right away but no longer if they were willing to jeopardize their customer base and put their love for a false sense of security over the safety of the public who would patronize their stores. Also pointed out over the past 2 years ive spent over $5000 in their stores and that now Newegg.com and tigerdirect.com would be receiving my business.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Lost profit from the bottom line is the only thing that will get their attention. When they hear from enough former customers shopping elsewhere they might someday get the idea to change their mind. Everything else is just {inappropriate language} in the wind.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
danoam

Post by danoam »

That's sad, this Microcenter is the first place I ever carried concealed. I didn't shop there much but it was always good to have it there when I needed something.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

FormerNavy wrote:I wrote an email to their customer service explaining why I wouldn't be shopping there any longer, and I'd encourage others to do the same.
(my bold)

Agreed. Don't just not shop there anymore - ask corporate for the reasoning behind their posting, inform them that it won't protect against bad guys, but only alienate the good guys, and depending on their response, inform them that you and your X number of hundreds/thousand of dollars in purchases will be made elsewhere.

Just stopping shopping there will have little effect, IMHO.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

I discovered the Micro Center sign last night when I went in to pick up a $425 web order. I spoke to the retail sales manager, who said that the sign came from corporate, but I didn't believe him, especially given the Ohio-specific nature of the sign. I've already spent $1,000 there in 2013, but I told him there would be no more. I also sent corporate customer relations a polite message and posted it on their Facebook page.

Micro Center previously posted its Ohio stores in 2004, in response to our CHL going into effect, but after polite lobbying they removed those signs. I'm guessing this is a rogue store manager, but we won't know until we hear back from corporate.

John
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

I have yet to see a sign at the Eastgate store in Mayfield Heights. I go there pretty often.

Maybe they are defying the corporate directive? OK with me, of course.
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

I haven't heard back from customer relations yet in response to my Saturday online message. And I got a non-committal "Thanks for the feedback" on their Facebook page.

As you can see from the picture, the sign posted is the infamous Ohio government building sign mindlessly used by many clueless private retailers. That made me suspect immediately that it was rogue store management, not corporate policy. Why would Micro Center corporate send out Ohio AG signs? The "Retail Sales Manager" tried to tell me that it came from corporate, but he could tell that I didn't believe him. His body language and tone told me that he was lying.

John
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

BB62 wrote:
FormerNavy wrote:I wrote an email to their customer service explaining why I wouldn't be shopping there any longer, and I'd encourage others to do the same.
(my bold)

Agreed. Don't just not shop there anymore - ask corporate for the reasoning behind their posting, inform them that it won't protect against bad guys, but only alienate the good guys, and depending on their response, inform them that you and your X number of hundreds/thousand of dollars in purchases will be made elsewhere.

Just stopping shopping there will have little effect, IMHO.
Agreed. I'm going to continue to get their email catalogs. I get a few every week. Every time I see something that I might have bought, I'm going to submit a message to customer relations.
mreising

Post by mreising »

jhfenton wrote:I haven't heard back from customer relations yet in response to my Saturday online message. And I got a non-committal "Thanks for the feedback" on their Facebook page.

As you can see from the picture, the sign posted is the infamous Ohio government building sign mindlessly used by many clueless private retailers. That made me suspect immediately that it was rogue store management, not corporate policy. Why would Micro Center corporate send out Ohio AG signs? The "Retail Sales Manager" tried to tell me that it came from corporate, but he could tell that I didn't believe him. His body language and tone told me that he was lying.

John
That sign could have been part of a "compliance sign" package with the labor law posters etc. Many of those companies put the gunbuster in the package and gullible businesses believe it is the law to post it.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
alan93

Post by alan93 »

After 2 weeks, I never heard back from the form letter I sent. Neither phone , email, or otherwise. I assume it ended up in the trash. It appears that loyal customers don't mean squat if they they don't agree with the store's fanatical political views.