Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Posted

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

elderboy02

Re: Micro Center Cincinnati (Computer Super Store) Now Poste

Post by elderboy02 »

I was there on Friday to buy a new computer for work and I didn't see any signs. 8)
OFCC Member, Ohio CHL holder, NRA Life Member, AR15.com Life Member.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

I was there the other day, dressed nicely and open carrying. One of the managers, I'm not sure which one, "profiled" my friend and I, shot us disdainful looks, and made it his business to do busy work around where we were.

I have a strange feeling he or his co-manager is behind the signage, which as best as I can tell is a the Cincinnati location only. Corporate will be receiving a letter about his behavior.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
jbrewer8

Post by jbrewer8 »

I have been avoiding Micro Center since the sign went up. Before it went up, my brother was open carrying there and was asked to leave. (He put down his purchase and left immediately.)

I stopped by yesterday and confirmed that the sign is down. I know their manager is very anti, I suspect the order came from corporate to remove it, but it's my understanding he doesn't always follow corporate orders.
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Walther P99c QA
Browning Challenger
Mossberg 500 .12
Mossberg 500 .20
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

jbrewer8 wrote:I have been avoiding Micro Center since the sign went up. Before it went up, my brother was open carrying there and was asked to leave. (He put down his purchase and left immediately.)

I stopped by yesterday and confirmed that the sign is down. I know their manager is very anti, I suspect the order came from corporate to remove it, but it's my understanding he doesn't always follow corporate orders.

Well, before he asked me to leave he DID ask if I was "Some type of law enforcement". When I replied "No sir, why?" He said "You need to take that outside". I told him "No problem", and then looked at the salesman I had been talking to and said "Im sorry, I wont be being anythng here." The salesman walked out with me, apologizing profusely and said "We need more guys like you. These idiots just dont understand". I told him to have a nice day and I went to best buy, (and online) to make my purchases.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
xwing

Post by xwing »

jbrewer8 wrote: I stopped by yesterday and confirmed that the sign is down. I know their manager is very anti, I suspect the order came from corporate to remove it, but it's my understanding he doesn't always follow corporate orders.
I'm glad corporate is against posting. I really like Microcenter. Their prices can't be beat for an item you need today and can't wait for shipping from an online vendor. If the store manager is anti, it sounds like he's getting overruled. :)
Aodhfin

Post by Aodhfin »

I used to work at this MicroCenter a long long time ago as a computer repair tech, and surprisingly I still know quite a few of the people that work and manage there. Over the past few years I've still shopped there off and on and have probably managed to shop there during the times that it was not posted. I have had several of the salesmen see my discreetly open carry but never said anything, and I was approached once by the then current manager. He talked with me about it, and as he was the head of the department that I worked in we knew each other very well. I got the feeling that if it had been just random John Q. Customer he would have asked them to leave, but we ended it on the "it's legal, I've done if for years, here are the reasons that it's not bad" kind of footing. I do know that he was fired shortly thereafter for other reasons though and the replacement manager was not a nice fellow...
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

A year later and still no GB signs that I could find. Stopped on my way home from work Friday for a micro SD card. I asked a few questions from a store dude and picked up what I needed at a fair price right now.

No issues.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I've always been a big fan of Microcenter in Columbus. Always great customer service and their 90 day return policy is excellent, no questions asked. I've lately become addicted to their DIY hobby section. So hard not to spend money there.

I've never seen the one in Columbus posted so I am glad the one in Cincinnati has taken their signs down. I've only been to the one in Cincinnati a couple of times well over 10 years ago now.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Klingon00 wrote:I've always been a big fan of Microcenter in Columbus. Always great customer service and their 90 day return policy is excellent, no questions asked. I've lately become addicted to their DIY hobby section. So hard not to spend money there.

I've never seen the one in Columbus posted so I am glad the one in Cincinnati has taken their signs down. I've only been to the one in Cincinnati a couple of times well over 10 years ago now.
Ditto. I've recently gotten into the Arduino platform and their in stock selection destroys Radio Shack. It's nice to combine my electronics purchases with my 2A. :)
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

I always liked that toy store for those purchases when I wanted immediate gratification rather than internet purchase and wait for delivery.
I've not been there for a few years because I read here they were posted. If the sign is down I will return!

Target World is nearby and I always pass Microcenter while getting off the freeway.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I stopped by tonight and triple checked for signage and saw none posted. They did have security in there though and I've heard the security company tells people it's no firearms allowed. Which obviously one must comply with unless you can get a manager to override them.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

fyrfytr310 wrote: Ditto. I've recently gotten into the Arduino platform and their in stock selection destroys Radio Shack. It's nice to combine my electronics purchases with my 2A. :)
Awesome, that's next on my list. I've already started playing with an online simulator so it's only a matter of time for me. http://123d.circuits.io" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lately I've been geeking out on Raspberry Pi stuff. I've already automated my sprinkler system using one and playing with building a security/time lapse camera system.

Also started playing with small remote controlled drones. Fun stuff. :)