valley view cinemark plaza

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: valley view cinemark plaza

Post by pirateguy191 »

I went to Cinemark Valeyview today to see 2016 Obama's America and the building was not posted.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

pirateguy191 wrote:I went to Cinemark Valeyview today to see 2016 Obama's America and the building was not posted.
So....if the parking lot is posted, but the building isn't, does the parking lot sign apply to the building?
I've had consistently good results with ether.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

The bldg is not posted..Thr entrance to go INTO each theater is......Least they were a few weeks back.....
How was the movie ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Not much that I didn't already know. I don't think it went far enough in exposing all of Obama's associates. It was an honest documentary with information that I'm sure 3/4 of the population don't know anything about. If someone is on the fence whether to vote for DingleBarry or not, this might shed some light and make them a more informed voter.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

noname

Post by noname »

I have never seen a cinemark that was posted. But this one is "special" because the ground it sits on IS posted. We try not to go there, we go to macedonia.
I believe my God is sovereign, but man still has been given free will/freedom of choice..therefore my faith in God does not contradict my choice to carry firearms for self defense & protection.

(JOSH)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

All Macedonia theaters are posted....Inside...

The wife asked me if I would take her to see the Oslammer movie in Valley View tonight...I was surprised she wanted to see it.....She's the boss, so to the show tonight....
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

noname wrote:I have never seen a cinemark that was posted. But this one is "special" because the ground it sits on IS posted. We try not to go there, we go to macedonia.
I sneezed when I pulled into the parking lot. Your eyes automatically close when you sneeze don't ya know.

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Went to see The Gangster Squad last night at the Valley View Theater and there were NO signs except one in the entrance to one parking lot..........They were awhile back, but not one that I could find....

By the way there were 180,000 rounds fired in the movie and about 50 killed...To much shooting for me...Shawn Penn is one hell of a actor..Wish he just stuck to acting...
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Which parking lot entrance? I've looked for these parking lot signs..... I don't see how they can be easily seen while operating a motor vehcile unless there very large. When I go into a parking lot I'm watching out for the idiot drivers and big pot holes.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

This particular place has 4 entrances, only one has a sign...DUH
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

FWIW,

I have been to the Quaker Steak & Lube at Valley View 3 times over the last few weeks.

Not once have I seen a no gun sign in the parking lot, entrances, or inside the restaurant.

I carried every time, naturally.
TDwin
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

There is a North and South entrance......the South entrance which is ENTER only has a sign on a metal pole that is fading into the wild blue yonder....that is the only sign.....
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I keep my eyes on the road anyway. No way I could see a fading sign while paying attention to driving. And that's not even being facetious.

I seriously never saw it and until I do, I don't believe they exist from the direction I always enter. Before you ask, I was wearing my glasses.
TDwin
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I'm intrigued - how do you then handle speed limit and other signs? Some of the CPZ signs being discussed that you have said you wouldn't or haven't seen appear to be sized and positioned much the same as other street signs are, and you are expected to see and obey them...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Ok a fair question.

Street signs are all standardized and easily recognizable. They simply say Speed Limit XX, Yield, STOP, etc. on them in big bold letters. A driver should be looking for and observing these signs. When I'm driving, I am NEVER explicitly looking for a gun buster sign. If I see it, I'll leave. But to date, I have yet to see one while driving.

The fact that Carmen had said that it is faded makes me wonder how recognizable and readable it would be even if I was explicitly looking for it.

For this particular location, is it a picture of a gun and the circle/cross through it? Does it say "NO GUNS"?
TDwin