Fred Martin Ford (Austintown)

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

2ndamendment

Fred Martin Ford (Austintown)

Post by 2ndamendment »

CPZ here, any chance some people in the Youngstown area help me get this taken care of. Sending cards and stopping by.
MrKitty

Re: Fred Martin Ford (Austintown)

Post by MrKitty »

I'll be glad to make a call if there hasn't been any movement on this one! =)
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
inspiredsports

Post by inspiredsports »

I sure wish the Martin's (alumni of same fraternity, and I used to frequently see them at functions) still owned the business. Those signs would not exist.
Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office. – Anonymous
mdad

Post by mdad »

It takes some time, But one of the best things I have come up with is printing a list of local businesses that are on the DNP list, and presenting it to the owner with there name highlighted. Of course this is only after a nice meeting with the people in charge and after they expressed no interest in Changing there position, with an explanation of how there wishes have been Honored. :D
The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
Life Member NRA
Life Member North American Hunter
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

Been there done that. I stopped in there looking at a car and was carrying. When the salesman told me to come inside and he'd run the credit check and see how things look I started toward the door and when I got there (the salesman close behind) I stopped and said oh sorry I can't go inside. He asked why and I simply pointed at the sign and opened my jacket enough that he could see it. He said "oh that, well you can just place it in your car and come in right?" I just looked at him said no and turned to go to my car. He said, "well let me offer you my card in case you decide to change your mind. Went back to my car and I grabbed one of our NGNM cards and walked in and asked to see the manager. The manager spoke up and I told him since your salesman offered his card to me I feel it fit to offer mine and say that I will not be doing business with as a result of your sign. The manager said to me with a pretty adamant "Oh well sir, you have a nice day." So I'm not thinking it's going to change much. About a week later I sent a copy of my bill of sale for a new truck that I purchased in Boardman. A few days later I receieved a letter back from the manager saying that he was happy that I was able to find a vehicle and was sorry that I couldn't find what I was looking for there. Enclosed was his card along with the NGNM card I gave him with a note that said, "I'm sorry you disagree with our policy, however we have found that policy to be beneficial to us here. Furthermore we have a great relationship with the Austintown Police Department and feel no reason to change our policy."
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

ATGglobal> Well, isn't that LOVELY? Responses like that are terrible... I hope that their relationship with APD keeps them in business. LOL
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Wow, that dealership sounds like they've really dug in their heels against legal carry. They definitely need more receipts (for vehicle sales, parts sales, and service) from their competitors to show up in their GM's office, stapled to "No Guns = No Money" cards. Maybe even some pictures of gun-toting new vehicle owners standing alongside their shiny rides that were bought elsewhere.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bobk2579

Post by bobk2579 »

For what it is worth, If you need Ford service or parts I just was at Fairway in Canfield at service desk, parts, and cashier. They are only another 5 or 10 minutes down the road.

No signs and had my Pf-9 in OWB with tshirt only so it printed for sure and no issues as usual.

They also installed my light bracket I bought for free after I asked how to remove old one! Nice Answer in my book!
PF-9
DB-380
Taurus TCP
jjw

Post by jjw »

NEW INFORMATION please read

Fred martin in austin is extremely liberal. not the old marting family anymore. probably anti gun.

the others are all owned by a VFERY PROGUN OWNER. he's a strong 2ND amendment person.
i do business with him. have bought many cars there. for me and my employee's all of u can feel free to do also. i talked to him yesterday. he is very happy to come on here if necessary. i dont want a good NRA-pro gun owner tarred with the same brush some flaming liberal in austintown is.

i called before i went down to buy a new car Monday and he informed me he had no affiliation with austin town.
i have known the service mgr for over 25 yrs. he saved me 10 k on a car deal by being honest 25 yrs ago, when he was the mgr at burt greenwald chevrolet.

NOTE i bought a new dodge durango yesterday because we worked this out. when i called ,i stated i could not buy a car if he had the stickers. he said ABSOLUTELY NOT, they all have their ccw and many employees carry at Fred Martin on Barber rd in Barberton Ohio.

NOTE i have no financial interset in this. i have known him for years but we are only casual friends. used to run into him at the old Deerhunter. like me he has a gun range in his back yard and has employees out to shoot frequently.

call fred maritn and ask if any doubts. u dont need me.

shop in comfort.

jjw
"Airborne Sir"
B.L. Farley
http://www.odspec.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

JJW thanks for that information. Your word on here (at least for me) is good enough. If I were in the market I'd consider going there. That is if I were ill that day and bought a Ford (Chevy man here). :D
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
jjw

Post by jjw »

jjw wrote:NEW INFORMATION please read

Fred martin in austin is extremely liberal. not the old marting family anymore. probably anti gun.

the others are all owned by a VERY PROGUN OWNER. he's a strong 2ND amendment person.
i do business with him. have bought many cars there. for me and my employee's all of u can feel free to do also. i talked to him yesterday. he is very happy to come on here if necessary. i dont want a good NRA-pro gun owner tarred with the same brush some flaming liberal in austintown is.

i called before i went down to buy a new car Monday and he informed me he had no affiliation with austin town.
i have known the service mgr for over 25 yrs. he saved me 10 k on a car deal by being honest 25 yrs ago, when he was the mgr at burt greenwald chevrolet.

NOTE i bought a new dodge durango yesterday because we worked this out. when i called ,i stated i could not buy a car if he had the stickers. he said ABSOLUTELY NOT, they all have their ccw and many employees carry at Fred Martin on Barber rd in Barberton Ohio.

NOTE i have no financial interset in this. i have known him for years but we are only casual friends. used to run into him at the old Deerhunter. like me he has a gun range in his back yard and has employees out to shoot frequently.

call fred maritn and ask if any doubts. u dont need me.

shop in comfort.

jjw
"Airborne Sir"
B.L. Farley
http://www.odspec.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iShoot

Post by iShoot »

Still posted, and I don't think they really care...

I was there Friday afternoon browsing and found a couple of cars I was interested in looking at.
Also found one of them with the back windows wide open and the threat of rain looming; someone my have taken a test drive earlier that day and forgot to put them back up.
Took a pic on my phone of the stock number and was on my way inside to let them know when I saw the very small gun buster signs at the side door to the showroom.
Since I couldn't go in, I wasn't going to say anything, but on the way back to my car I saw two salespeople smoking and gossiping at the front door.
When I approached them, they just kept on talking amongst themselves and almost seemed annoyed that I dared to interrupt them.
I told them about the one car that had its windows open and showed them my phone with the pic of the stock number.
Also gave one of them a NGNM card and told them to "have your sales manager explain why protecting criminals may have just cost you money"
Again, they acted like they didn't care, just sarcastically responded with "yeah, I'll let the know".

Yesterday I just picked up a new 2016 Escape from Donnell Ford in Boardman.
Looks like I'll be mailing them a copy of the invoice along with OFCC's Business Owner's letter...
carbine357

Post by carbine357 »

fred martin of austownis not the same person that owns the1 in akron on I-76 in south akron

son of fred martin od austinton. is an idiot

jjw
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

The closet I think I have ever been to a mass shooting was as a car salesman. A young giant of a man was enraged because he could not get his deposit back. When I was a service manager it was normal to have people enraged and threatening over repairs. I NEVER enter a car dealership unarmed !
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WeinerDog wrote:The closet I think I have ever been to a mass shooting was as a car salesman. A young giant of a man was enraged because he could not get his deposit back. When I was a service manager it was normal to have people enraged and threatening over repairs. I NEVER enter a car dealership unarmed !
That's probably why some dealerships post. They know they have a way of making customers get very upset. Sometimes that anger is probably justified because the dealership is run in a very dishonest, uncaring manner. No, not justified as in go shoot up the staff, but they can be very aggravating at times, for sure.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.