JoAnn Fabric.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: JoAnn Fabric.

Post by gaptrick »

junglebob wrote:Now that concealed carry legislation has passed and people are applying for CCWs, I noticed that a couple weeks ago the "official Illinois CPZ sign" up on the door of the Carbondale, Illinois Jo Ann's store. Does this seem to be nation wide?
I've only carried since 2008, but from what I've been told, OHIO also seemed to have a rash of signs go up when CC was first enacted in 2004, and I don't mean just J.A. Fabrics.

It is also my understanding that once it was found that the streets DIDN'T run red with the blood of loved ones things settled and went back to normal... well... as normal as Ohio gets I suppose.. The guys and gals who were in on the 2004 ground floor would know better...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
LSglock89

Post by LSglock89 »

Going to drop a NGNM at the Ontario/Mansfield store as well. My fiancée likes to go there (she carries too) and spend quite a bit of money there for her hobbies.
docachna

Post by docachna »

LSglock89 wrote:Going to drop a NGNM at the Ontario/Mansfield store as well. My fiancée likes to go there (she carries too) and spend quite a bit of money there for her hobbies.
It's a lot more fun to shop elsewhere FIRST, get a dupe of your receipt, then hand the receipt to the manager where the GB sign is - "this is money we would have spent at your store, if not for that sign. Oh, and who is your regional manager ? I want to send him a copy, too !". The look on the face is worth the price of admission, all by its lonesome....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
phoneguy

Post by phoneguy »

Jo-Ann's in Middleburg Heights on Pearl Road is not posted. Although I've been there a couple times reluctantly with my wife I never noticed a sign but really wasn't looking that hard. Stopped by tonight just to be sure and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely not posted.
“I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.” - Barack Obama, Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

phoneguy wrote:Jo-Ann's in Middleburg Heights on Pearl Road is not posted. Although I've been there a couple times reluctantly with my wife I never noticed a sign but really wasn't looking that hard. Stopped by tonight just to be sure and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely not posted.
The stores in Columbus are posted with small signs at ankle height (at the bottom of the windows next to the front doors).
MyWifeSaidYes
honeyxpie

Post by honeyxpie »

The Joann's in Medina changed their policy about a year ago I think. Since that time, I haven't really been there. I just sent an email. Since I'm their target market, and I let them know that, it will be interesting to see what they say.