JoAnn Fabric.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Re: JoAnn Fabric.

Post by Klingon00 »

This stinks if true. My wife loves shopping there. The only incident I've ever had there while armed was when my oldest daughter (Then 4 years old) came running at me full speed and clunked her head on my gun. She said something like "Daddy, your gun hurt me!" rather loudly, but nobody else seemed to care or notice. :shock:

My wife will be heart broken if we are going to be forced to shop elsewhere.
MarkX

Post by MarkX »

For what its worth, the change in policy was likely precipitated by a new CEO, who took ow2ver on Aug 22.
Raptus regaliter
Μολών Λαβέ
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Klingon00 wrote:This stinks if true. My wife loves shopping there. The only incident I've ever had there while armed was when my oldest daughter (Then 4 years old) came running at me full speed and clunked her head on my gun. She said something like "Daddy, your gun hurt me!" rather loudly, but nobody else seemed to care or notice. :shock:

My wife will be heart broken if we are going to be forced to shop elsewhere.
If she's shopping there for fabric, I know of quite a few Columbus area quilt shops.

If it's scrapbooking stuff, I can't help her for alternatives.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

gmhiggins wrote:Her and the employee working were extremely shocked to find out that the penalty for breaking the specific law was only max 30 days and $250 fine...
What were they thinking it was 10 years in the pen?
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

djthomas wrote:
gmhiggins wrote:Her and the employee working were extremely shocked to find out that the penalty for breaking the specific law was only max 30 days and $250 fine...
What were they thinking it was 10 years in the pen?

So many people I've talked to had no idea the charge behind those signs is criminal trespass. I guess they assume it's a severe punishment.

One of these days I'm going to make up a "No robbery or murder" sign in the same fashion and offer it to people, since that's what they actually intend....
I start every conversation about sign removals with "It's likely you have that to keep out illegal guns, but you are really only keeping out good honest people like me"
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

gmhiggins wrote:One of these days I'm going to make up a "No robbery or murder" sign in the same fashion and offer it to people, since that's what they actually intend....
I start every conversation about sign removals with "It's likely you have that to keep out illegal guns, but you are really only keeping out good honest people like me"
Well ... at least as honest as those who have never had two traffic tickets in a twelve month period.
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

I spoke with a manager from Joann Fabric corporate this morning. He said it was a corporate policy which not many people agreed with, but they do not have the say to remove them at any stores. He said he would forward my feedback up the chain since it is costing them customers, and even mentioned he had his CHL too. He was familiar with the DNPWA database too.

He was not sure why they suddenly had the policy, just that it was now there. Hopefully enough calls will get their attention to revisit their choice...
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Well, bummer. They have a great selection of pillow ticking for patches for my front stuffers. Looks like I'll be fabric shopping...
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I was just at the one on Morse Rd in C-bus, didn't see the sign... but wasn't looking either. Must have missed it. Needed some buttons for work shirt repairs. Oh well, there's lots of places to get sewing supplies. Been going to JoAnns since the 80s.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

weakhand luke wrote:Well, bummer. They have a great selection of pillow ticking for patches for my front stuffers. Looks like I'll be fabric shopping...
If you are anywhere near a store that caters to the Amish, they will have pillow ticking. Spector's in Mt. Eaton, and in Berlin, is one.

There's a store in Plain City, the name is escaping me, attached to a cheese store, that has lots of fabrics. I would bet they'd have it. They also have really good ice cream.

Some better quilt shops also have a wide variety of fabric, besides the calico and flowers quilters buy.

Also, you can try fabric.com. I have heard good things about them, and the prices are reasonable.
AmericansForGuns
Suspended

Post by AmericansForGuns »

weakhand luke wrote:Well, bummer. They have a great selection of pillow ticking for patches for my front stuffers. Looks like I'll be fabric shopping...
I think the walmart at Tuttle still sells fabric.
:)
The gun control group has to admit one of two things;
1. There is NO violent crime out there.....and therefore since there is no crime they have NOTHING to fear from our guns, or;
2. There IS violent crime out there....and therefore we are very much justified in wanting to carry a tool that can be used for self defense and that of others.
=Guns don't commit crimes, felons do=
=If guns cause crime someone needs to explain how there can be 80 million law abiding gun owners=
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Mustang380gal wrote:
If you are anywhere near a store that caters to the Amish, they will have pillow ticking. Spector's in Mt. Eaton, and in Berlin, is one.

There's a store in Plain City, the name is escaping me, attached to a cheese store, that has lots of fabrics. I would bet they'd have it. They also have really good ice cream.

Some better quilt shops also have a wide variety of fabric, besides the calico and flowers quilters buy.

Also, you can try fabric.com. I have heard good things about them, and the prices are reasonable.
I'll definitely check that out, thanks for the tip. Fall bike rides often find me "down there" in Amish Country. Too bad about Jo Ann's, tho. The ladies at the fabric counter had finally become accustomed to seeing me with my calipers, measuring samples from every bolt. They are always interested in understanding how I used the ticking. I have a pretty good supply of .015 that should get me well into the winter grocery shoot season.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Are your patches for muzzle loaders? I'm not sure what you are making.

If they are, you may want to try a second hand store. Some of them have lightly used pillows and bedding. Ours carries lots of donated fabric, too. It won't be as consistently stocked as a regular store, but prices are generally pretty good.
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

I shoot roundball in my ML and prefer strip patches to ready-made round patches. Start the ball over the strip of ticking (after loading the powder, but no one EVER forgets THAT (hah)) then pull the strip up and trim flush with the muzzle with your patch knife. Good lubes for the patch include homemade concoctions, commercial stuff, or spit. I like t/c's Bore Butter because it smells nice, about the only thing in this game that does.

Believe me, the last thing you'd ever want is for this thread to turn into a "How to load and shoot a ML".

Oh and btw, muslin is good, too.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Well, if you ever get to Kidron on a road trip, stop at MCC Connections on Kidron Rd, next to the high school, and across the street from the yellow bricked church. It's about 1 mile north of Lehman's Hardware.

There is all sort of fabric there, usually. I normally see lots of muslin. And they have used sheets in good shape, which may work for your purpose, too.

It isn't posted. 8)