JoAnn Fabric.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmericansForGuns
Suspended

JoAnn Fabric.

Post by AmericansForGuns »

The wife works at Joanns in Columbus.
They have never had a sign up but I just went over to pick her up and a brand new GB sign had been posted.
The manager seemed to think this is company wide, so keep your eyes open if your used to shopping there and not looking.
The gun control group has to admit one of two things;
1. There is NO violent crime out there.....and therefore since there is no crime they have NOTHING to fear from our guns, or;
2. There IS violent crime out there....and therefore we are very much justified in wanting to carry a tool that can be used for self defense and that of others.
=Guns don't commit crimes, felons do=
=If guns cause crime someone needs to explain how there can be 80 million law abiding gun owners=
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: JoAnn Fabric.

Post by Mustang380gal »

I was just at one tonight. No sign.

I'll be on the lookout, though, and ready to send letters if needed.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
AmericansForGuns
Suspended

Mustang380gal wrote:I was just at one tonight. No sign.

I'll be on the lookout, though, and ready to send letters if needed.
Yeah, I cant find anything online about it either.
The girl over there said that it went up this past week.
It wasnt there a few days ago when I went in, but was tonite.
They're probably putting them up, in part, because of a manager who committed suicide at one of the stores with a handgun.
http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2010/11/ ... yee-death/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A terrible tragedy, for certain, but no reason to put the rest of the company in danger by advertising that no one will be armed inside.
Im half tempted to have the wife start looking for another job at this point.
1. There is NO violent crime out there.....and therefore since there is no crime they have NOTHING to fear from our guns, or;
2. There IS violent crime out there....and therefore we are very much justified in wanting to carry a tool that can be used for self defense and that of others.
=If guns cause crime someone needs to explain how there can be 80 million law abiding gun owners=
mreising

Post by mreising »

It could also be that they reeived the sign in a compliance package and thought it was required.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Mikado613

Post by Mikado613 »

AmericansForGuns wrote:The wife works at Joanns in Columbus.
They have never had a sign up but I just went over to pick her up and a brand new GB sign had been posted.
The manager seemed to think this is company wide, so keep your eyes open if your used to shopping there and not looking.
They have a few stores around town. Which one is this?
AmericansForGuns
Suspended

Finally just broke down and called corporate.
The guy I talked to is a CHL holder :D
Hes going to have a talk with their main corporate security guy and see why this store is posted and if something has changed.
He did say that its been somewhat of an unspoken policy of some sort...ie no guns..but Im guessing he meant for employees as most companies do.
Im hoping it was just a regional mgr that put the sign up and not corporate so they can tell him to take it down.

He did say his local store somewhere around Akron wasnt posted, so thats a good sign.

Its the west broad store, Mikado613.
jmelvin

Post by jmelvin »

I've carried openly several times to the JoAnn Fabric down here and no one batted an eye. I'd be surprised to see a sign go up, but strange things happen.
Hey there pal, let me sell you on the reliability of these unreliable things we call people!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Just took a drive by the North Olmsted location and it is now posted. It looked brand spanking new.
Mikado613

Post by Mikado613 »

AmericansForGuns wrote:Finally just broke down and called corporate.
The guy I talked to is a CHL holder :D
Hes going to have a talk with their main corporate security guy and see why this store is posted and if something has changed.
He did say that its been somewhat of an unspoken policy of some sort...ie no guns..but Im guessing he meant for employees as most companies do.
Im hoping it was just a regional mgr that put the sign up and not corporate so they can tell him to take it down.

He did say his local store somewhere around Akron wasnt posted, so thats a good sign.

Its the west broad store, Mikado613.
Thanks for letting me know! I normally shop at the Dublin store. I haven't seen a sign there before.
Bjammin

Post by Bjammin »

The one in Dublin off Sawmill rd is posted, I was there over the weekend.. Fresh new sign..
AmericansForGuns
Suspended

and so it begins.
Apparently Joan's has decided to go the opposite direction of UDF.
Now Im paranoid that sign will get them robbed and my wife might be harmed in the process.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

New sign in Reynoldsburg store...
dregan1000

Post by dregan1000 »

AmericansForGuns wrote:and so it begins.
Apparently Joan's has decided to go the opposite direction of UDF.
You, sir, appear to have the truth of it.

I rode by the corporate offices and the flagship store (adjoined facility) in Hudson on my way home tonight, and all entrances, including the retail store, were posted. I'll need to dig up some contact info on them, I suspect...
Specialization is for insects.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I'll be expressing my disapproval. I think I have a circular for their latest sale, which should have address and phone.

There's plenty of places to get fabric and notions around, on-line as well as in person.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

I took a trip to my local Joann Fabric and they are posted. I went and disarmed, walked back in and talked to the manager.

I let her know of my CHL status and said "I noticed the sign out front, and since I follow the law, I disarmed before I entered. I wonder though if someone was coming in here to rob the place if they'd bother to stop to disarm or not"
I then told them that Pat Catan's was not posted and I'd be making my purchases there instead. She apologized and said they had to put them up, it was a corporate thing...but they understood what I was saying. Her and the employee working were extremely shocked to find out that the penalty for breaking the specific law was only max 30 days and $250 fine....

Their corporate contact number is 1-888-739-4120 (from their website). I'm awaiting a callback from a manager.