The Andersons

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Guitarman3366

The Andersons

Post by Guitarman3366 »

The Andersons General Stores are no longer posted. 8)
Ron Paul 2012
yogidave

Re: The Andersons

Post by yogidave »

I never saw a sign? I carried in there all the time :oops:
usmc1369

Post by usmc1369 »

yogidave wrote:I never saw a sign? I carried in there all the time :oops:
same here :mrgreen:
Berlin Kid

Post by Berlin Kid »

They post the typical sign for places that sell alcohol "You may be in violation... blah blah blah". No "Gun Buster" signs.
Sad citizen of the Peoples Republik of Kulumbus.

GSSF, NRA Member
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Berlin Kid wrote:They post the typical sign for places that sell alcohol "You may be in violation... blah blah blah". No "Gun Buster" signs.
Makes sense. I was about to say that I've never seen a now CCW sign when I've gone there before.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

If trues, that is indeed good news. To the best of my knowledge, the Andersons in Toledo has been posted since 2004. I have gone in personally and have spoken with the managers there several times, always to no avail.

Their "no guns" signs never included the "gunbuster" circled firearm. Instead they were simple, black type on white background, narrative signs, saying firearms weren't allowed due to their winetastings. The signs were on the front doors at about eye level.

If they are gone now, I am pleased. However, I do wonder what may have occasioned their change of policy.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
nachtrab

Post by nachtrab »

i haven't been to the toledo store in decades. i've never seen any postings at the maumee store.
nachtrab
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

yogidave wrote:I never saw a sign? I carried in there all the time :oops:
If the Maumee store was posted, it was well hidden.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

IIRC, in 2008 (the last time I was at the store) they had a GB sign at eh Columbus Store. After SB184 passed and the wine tasting was no longer an issue, I sent an email asking them to remove the sign. I never got a response.

Maybe now they finally get it.
Guitarman3366

Post by Guitarman3366 »

All of the Andersons Stores were posted with the typical class-d sign that says something like "you may be commiting a felony if..." The Maumee store was posted between the first and second set of doors. All I know is that someone emailed the President of the Retail division and updated him on the laws. Within days, the signs came down.
Ron Paul 2012
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

jacksnack wrote:IIRC, in 2008 (the last time I was at the store) they had a GB sign at eh Columbus Store. After SB184 passed and the wine tasting was no longer an issue, I sent an email asking them to remove the sign. I never got a response.

Maybe now they finally get it.
Went to the Columbus store on Bent Tree today. The GB sign used to be to the right, posted on their bulletin board. The sign was gone. :D

Unfortunately, the Boylans Birch Beer I used to get there was also gone. :( Bought some Souix City, but it is not nearly as good.
lazy

Post by lazy »

Always carried never saw a sign in Maumee. ( I don't really look that hard anyway) :wink:

Brian
"There's nothing wrong with shooting...as long as the right people get shot"
BlueMR2

Post by BlueMR2 »

Can't recall if there's a sign at the Talmadge store or not. I've been avoiding The Andersons lately because of the liquor permit anyways. Guess I'll finally get to go back there once the new law takes effect!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

BlueMR2 wrote:Can't recall if there's a sign at the Talmadge store or not. I've been avoiding The Andersons lately because of the liquor permit anyways. Guess I'll finally get to go back there once the new law takes effect!
I was there today. They are not posted. Haven't been in quite some time.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
grampajeep

Post by grampajeep »

I carry open all the time. I average 2 times a week in The Andersons Toledo store for the last year and CCed 3-4 Years before that and I have never seen a GB sign at either enterance. I can't believe that they were ever posted.

Gerry