DNPWA Submissions

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: DNPWA Submissions

Post by kcclark »

I just entered a new one into the database. Used this link:
http://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobipr ... entry.add/
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I was also unable to access submissions forms for DNPWA. I hope posting here might help.

Earth Fare
101 E Alex Bell Rd, Centerville, OH 45459

Posted. No Guns
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

gfrlaser wrote:I was also unable to access submissions forms for DNPWA. I hope posting here might help.

Earth Fare
101 E Alex Bell Rd, Centerville, OH 45459

Posted. No Guns
Try this link,

http://ohioccw.org/component/com_sobipr ... entry.add/
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I've tried every link and it works....can someone tell me what link DOESN'T work so I can look into it?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Link works! I was wondering though, how does one browse what has been posted to the DNPWA. Would be helpful in exploring ahead of time before I go to a restaurant only to find it is posted. Thanks!
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

Has there been any talk of adding some type of mapping site such as MapMe to "push pin" locations? I understand the added time to add, but the interactive map would be an fantastic tool for those planning spend money. click and look in your area for establishments without markers and you save yourself a bunch of time. you could also e-mail this map to those that we have marked and let them know of all the people who are going to avoid their shop because of their stance. it would be much quicker to check a map than wade thru all the data.
In one hand I've a Bible,
In the other I've got a gun.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Duke of Advil wrote:Has there been any talk of adding some type of mapping site such as MapMe to "push pin" locations? I understand the added time to add, but the interactive map would be an fantastic tool for those planning spend money. click and look in your area for establishments without markers and you save yourself a bunch of time. you could also e-mail this map to those that we have marked and let them know of all the people who are going to avoid their shop because of their stance. it would be much quicker to check a map than wade thru all the data.
I looked into it and was going to, the problem is, I would need someone to help correct all the bad data in the system. We have just shy of 5000 records and none of them are verified in the forms of addresses. I will say many are correct, but many aren't. When I did a test of a mapping interface one night, it basically blew up the system and had data everywhere. Without requiring a full numerical street address, city, and zip, it doesn't know where to put the pin at.

If someone wants to volunteer to go through all the records, one by one (I will say a good majority are correct, but still I'd say at least 1000-1500 are bad) then I'll gladly give them access on a trial basis. An example of some bad data is something like, UDF, Gahana, Ohio. Well, what address is that? If you pin point it, it will pin point to the center of Gahana and therefore not accurrate if one does a street level look. So, if you would like to volunteer to help, I'll make instructions on how to do it and give someone the appropriate access. Right now we have one person that just maintains new records, and he does a bang up job of it. It's just fixing the onld ones that is the problem.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Duke of Advil wrote:Has there been any talk of adding some type of mapping site such as MapMe to "push pin" locations? I understand the added time to add, but the interactive map would be an fantastic tool for those planning spend money. click and look in your area for establishments without markers and you save yourself a bunch of time. you could also e-mail this map to those that we have marked and let them know of all the people who are going to avoid their shop because of their stance. it would be much quicker to check a map than wade thru all the data.
I looked into it and was going to, the problem is, I would need someone to help correct all the bad data in the system. We have just shy of 5000 records and none of them are verified in the forms of addresses. I will say many are correct, but many aren't. When I did a test of a mapping interface one night, it basically blew up the system and had data everywhere. Without requiring a full numerical street address, city, and zip, it doesn't know where to put the pin at.

If someone wants to volunteer to go through all the records, one by one (I will say a good majority are correct, but still I'd say at least 1000-1500 are bad) then I'll gladly give them access on a trial basis. An example of some bad data is something like, UDF, Gahana, Ohio. Well, what address is that? If you pin point it, it will pin point to the center of Gahana and therefore not accurrate if one does a street level look. So, if you would like to volunteer to help, I'll make instructions on how to do it and give someone the appropriate access. Right now we have one person that just maintains new records, and he does a bang up job of it. It's just fixing the onld ones that is the problem.
I have a few projects going on right now (planning 3 partys and an award ceremony) that will be finished up in about a month. Iwould like to revisit this then. With my wifes help we should be able to bust out a couple hundred or so a week. We would just skip over those without full addresses at first. When we start is there a way to get the locations by region? If we can knock out a large chunk in one area others will see what we can do and we may be able to bring others onboard that could map their home region, which would benefit them most and motavate them to complete their portion of the map.
In one hand I've a Bible,
In the other I've got a gun.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Duke of Advil wrote:I have a few projects going on right now (planning 3 partys and an award ceremony) that will be finished up in about a month. Iwould like to revisit this then. With my wifes help we should be able to bust out a couple hundred or so a week. We would just skip over those without full addresses at first. When we start is there a way to get the locations by region? If we can knock out a large chunk in one area others will see what we can do and we may be able to bring others onboard that could map their home region, which would benefit them most and motavate them to complete their portion of the map.
See PM...

gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

the very first link in the thread is the one that does not work.
gfrlaser

Letters really do work!!

Post by gfrlaser »

A store in Centerville that sells liquour and wine was under the impression that the law forbade a carrier in the store. I then sent a letter to them including supporting documention about the law and they took the sign down! Letters really do work!!

I added them to the database.

Now, how do I remove Fine Wine & True Spirits In Centerville from the list since the sign is down?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

One thing that I never liked about DNPWA Submissions. Adding a business to it is usually a knee jerk reaction, usually done before any action or inquiry is made!
Then there is the action required to get it removed or it just stays on the list!
Personally I never check the list for those reasons.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Letters really do work!!

Post by Stryker74 »

gfrlaser wrote:A store in Centerville that sells liquour and wine was under the impression that the law forbade a carrier in the store. I then sent a letter to them including supporting documention about the law and they took the sign down! Letters really do work!!

I added them to the database.

Now, how do I remove Fine Wine & True Spirits In Centerville from the list since the sign is down?
Submit a message that will go out to the coordinators:

http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=com ... Itemid=386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a selection for "DNPWA Issue" - that should get it routed to DGMilty to remove the entry.

Thanks!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

That worked. Thanks for the link. Now for more letters.
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Linkie not workie for me either.
IGA Lagrange is now posted.
Supposedly Corporate mandated all IGAs post.
Can't contact Corporate (yet) but will persist.
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett