Cleveland or Akron Zoo

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jabeatty

Re: Cleveland or Akron Zoo

Post by jabeatty »

cowboy1964 wrote:Note the last part of the sentence in italics. I really don't understand what it's saying.
It's time to toss that stupid pamphlet aside and go straight to the law itself. 2923.126 isn't that hard to understand; paragraphs (B)(1) through (B)(10) cover the material you cited from the pamphlet.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

The Akron zoo also has no gun signs by the ticket booths in the main entrance building, IIRC.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Stephen2

Post by Stephen2 »

Mustang380gal wrote:The Akron zoo also has no gun signs by the ticket booths in the main entrance building, IIRC.
They do not allow guns inside the parking toll booth. The last time I was there the signs were on the toll booth where you could not see them entering the premises. (They weren't facing the main road just at the side of the parking toll booth.) You also would not see them if you weren't driving. Signs were not posted at the actual entrance to the zoo.
Umm, that's cartridges, not bullets and magazines, not clips.
tcamdg

Post by tcamdg »

What about the Rain forest exhibit at the Cleveland Zoo?
"...what they must mean is that the 2nd Amendment should be singled out for special—and specially unfavorable—treatment. We reject that suggestion."
-Justice Alito, writing for the majority in McDonald v. Chicago, 7/28/2010.
95oRANGEcRUSH

Post by 95oRANGEcRUSH »

Just got back from the Akron zoo. Unless my 27 year old eyes failed me, I saw NO gun buster signs. Nothing on the doors leading into the building where you pay admission. Nothing on the counter at the cashier. Nothing on the wall behind the cashier. After paying, you then stop at a kiosk wherein an employee takes your tickets and you pass through a glass door into the zoo. No sign there, either. None of the buildings inside (bathrooms, restaurant, exhibits,etc) had a gun buster sign.

I looked hard for signs and if they do have signs, they sure as heck are NOT conspicuously posted.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. – Benjamin Franklin
Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Akron Zoo had them on the guard house as you first came in last year.

The first time we went, they had them at the gate, and the ticket counter.

Hope you are right, and all the signs are down.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
95oRANGEcRUSH

Post by 95oRANGEcRUSH »

There is something posted on the "guard" house as you pull in. However, I was the passenger and didn't get a good look at the sign.

Let's say for discussions sake the guardhouse was posted. Does that sign cover the whole property or just the guardhouse?
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. – Benjamin Franklin
Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
polska8778

Post by polska8778 »

tcamdg wrote:What about the Rain forest exhibit at the Cleveland Zoo?
Nope, can't carry there.
bigdan390

Post by bigdan390 »

polska8778 wrote:
tcamdg wrote:What about the Rain forest exhibit at the Cleveland Zoo?
Nope, can't carry there.
Unfortunately that is correct. The last time I was there (last year) all building are posted as all buildings are government owned, so posted. Including the Rainforest. There is one building that is posted incorrectly, or was last year, it is a building that is just a restroom. But that is the only one posted incorrectly. All the others are posted and are statutory CPZs. :x
BigDan390
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

I am not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV. Get your legal opinions from a professional.
Mine may not even be worth what you paid for them.