Is the Akron Zoo posted?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Is the Akron Zoo posted?

Post by jobu72 »

Going to the Akron Zoo today, hopefully someone can help with some quick answers on this. I don't see anything on their web site about not allowing guns in the zoo. I saw a post from last year that Cleveland Zoo itself is not posted, but some buildings are posted inside it.

Do the newly passed laws allow us to carry in the buildings now for the Zoos? Not sure if Akron Zoo is a metroparks like someone said the Cleveland one is.
Stephen2

Re: Is the Akron Zoo posted?

Post by Stephen2 »

Too late for you but i am pretty sure it is posted. My wife was there a couple months back and she said that it was. I think it is on the CPZ list.
Umm, that's cartridges, not bullets and magazines, not clips.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Akron has a zoo ? :roll:
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
McM

Post by McM »

You mean besides Akron proper?
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
jobu72
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by jobu72 »

sabalo wrote:Akron has a zoo ? :roll:
Hecks yeah! And the only jellyfish exhibit in Ohio! It is actually a pretty decent zoo.

I decided not to go. It was really some kid's birthday party. Wife and kids went. Said she saw a sign posted on the parking lot entrance on the ticket booth, I certainly would not have seen :x but doesn't remember seeing any signs within the zoo.

Next time I go I'll document things better for anyone that wants to visit.
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

jobu72 wrote:
sabalo wrote:Akron has a zoo ? :roll:
Hecks yeah! And the only jellyfish exhibit in Ohio! It is actually a pretty decent zoo.

I decided not to go. It was really some kid's birthday party. Wife and kids went. Said she saw a sign posted on the parking lot entrance on the ticket booth, I certainly would not have seen :x but doesn't remember seeing any signs within the zoo.

Next time I go I'll document things better for anyone that wants to visit.

Last year it was defiantly posted, but I dont remember seeing any signs this year.

O yea, and the only sigh I saw last year was in one of the "temporary" plastic display things that sit on the counter tops. It was at the ticket area.
PG_WOOTOWN

Post by PG_WOOTOWN »

As of July 6th, 2014, I saw no signs posted at the entrance to the parking lot. No signage posted at the entrance to the zoo itself or at the cashier's desk.

Unless there are provisions for zoos in the Revised Code, it would be ok to carry. I am doing so right now.
hAkron

Post by hAkron »

That's good news! Thanks for the update.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

If this is true it makes it a very interesting scenario. I've always assumed it was entirely city owned. Now that building you must walk through is not city owned...
In 1979, the Zoo changed its name to the Akron Zoological Park, and the City of Akron turned over governance of the Zoo to the Board of Trustees. The City of Akron retained ownership of the land, and non-profit Akron Zoo now owned all of the zoo’s contents.
Highly recommend the Akron zoo for younger kids.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Yoder

Post by Yoder »

I visited the Akron Zoo lasted week (April of 2015). There was a "No Guns Allowed" on the window of the ticket booth, on the left side of the large wooden entrance doors, and to the left of the door leading out of the main entrance building into the park. The fact that it is posted would be my only complaint of the day though, we enjoyed all the rest of the zoo.