PLEASE READ Signs Removed

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DGMilty
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

PLEASE READ Signs Removed

Post by DGMilty »

I sincerely appreciate everyones' efforts when I see a "No Guns sign comes down" message here on the forums.

If you know of a place that is on the DNPWA list, and their sign comes down, do not submit it here on the forums. I do not have enough time to read every single post due to my work schedule. PLEASE contact me via email, PM, or use the "Contact Us" link. Be sure to include specifics, such as the business name and vendor ID number as I have seen several entries for a store's name. For example, there is no way for me to know which Speedway in Dayton removed their sign...please provide me with as much information as possible! It's very important!
Badger

Post by Badger »

When a business listed on the CPZ has removed there NG signs and it is reported via the contact form, why does it take so long to remove them from the list?

{Edited - jabeatty}
NRA Member
BFA Member (Buckeye Firearms Assoc.)
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them"
John Wayne
DGMilty
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by DGMilty »

You need to specify where you want this information sent! If you do not specify "Do Not Patronize Questions/Removals" the chances are slim that I will see it. I will occasionally receive an email from the OFCC Board, like Jeff, Dan, or Bryan, but it is not an everyday occurrence.

If indeed you did select this as the recipient (me) and the message is sent, I can assure you that the location will be changed in the database within THREE DAYS, provided that we aren't having email issues like we did around the time of the annual picnic.

Items that are submitted on the forums do not get my immediate attention as I do not have access to the internet at work, only here at home. Also, please keep in mind that the entire staff of OFCC is comprised of volunteers who do their official OFCC duties in their spare time.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Please use this 'Contact Us' form, as opposed to the one on the DNPWA site. The DNPWA form is not functioning properly.

(Link in message above has been edited to work properly.)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
DGMilty
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: PLEASE READ Signs Removed

Post by DGMilty »

Either "Contact Us" links work as of 26-Jun'10
visit my good friends at SWCDeals.com
someguy

Post by someguy »

Hello, just someguy here and I'm brand new to the OFCC community. I joined so I might be able to help a business that I frequent. They began posting sometime over the winter with a LARGE sign on the front door. After seeing the sign, I walked away thinking they had lost my business for good. Sometime later, I thought I might give them a call and ask them about the new policy (and the many thousands of dollars of my money they wouldn't see anymore). Before I got up the nerve, the person who was with me when I walked away from the sign took it upon himself to tell my salesman that I carry :evil: and wouldn't be returning until the sign came down. The salesman replied, "What sign?" and pointed to the door. It turns out they had other customers who were not happy with the sign and decided in a meeting that the sign should come down. Unfortunately, the links to contact OFCC about taking a listed business off the DNPWA database are bad, leading to a screen that says, "bad karma, something went wrong." Just hoping a business that came to its senses doesn't get unduly penalized. In either case I want to congratulate the people or person who initially brought it to their attention and helped to flip another cpz!
Ray

Post by Ray »

Some time ago I posted that the Arrow Queen in New Carlisle was posted, it may have been three yrs ago or so. Anyways I was there over this pass weekend & there no longer posted. Just wanted to let all of the CHL people in the area know this. Now you can go & get some ice cream with your sidearm.

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member