The Enclave - Bowling green ohio

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hazard

The Enclave - Bowling green ohio

Post by Hazard »

The enclave is probably the largest student housing project in bowling green, they try to market it as some kind of resort living, i lived there last year and just noticed something on the lease... Their lease states that you are not allowed to posess any type of firearm anywhere on their premesis when you live there.

They are owned by college park communities, so im assuming it's a corporate policy.

what are the legalities of this anyways???
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

If you sign it you have to abide by it. I've heard if you strikeout the sentence/paragraph that says no firearms and initial it before signing it, then you are ok.
Hazard

Post by Hazard »

i would rather just not give my money to someone who says im not allowed to have a firearm inside my own residence.

They have a townhouse type house that they provide free to a LEO to live there and patrol the place... still keep in contact with him. he thinks the policy is pretty stupid.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

BIG SHAFE wrote:If you sign it you have to abide by it. I've heard if you strikeout the sentence/paragraph that says no firearms and initial it before signing it, then you are ok.
Your initials alone don't mean much; the other party to the contract also has to note that they agree with your revisions.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

jabeatty wrote:Your initials alone don't mean much; the other party to the contract also has to note that they agree with your revisions.
Yep.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.