Kings Island trouble

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ole_grizzly
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Kings Island trouble

Post by Ole_grizzly »

I generally have problems with cpz posted areas because they don't usually provide any other security. At least if kings island pats down and uses metal detectors they are providing some measure of security. Granted, I'm sure there are ways for employees or others to get in the park with weapons, but keeping out general riffraff removes a good deal of the portion of risk. Not defending them too much, but better than nothing.
What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too - the Repo man
zurfaces

Post by zurfaces »

So did anyone verify the removal of metal detectors and signs? My company does a yearly event there and I'd like to go for once.
pirateguy191

Re: KI is gun friendly

Post by pirateguy191 »

ebowsers wrote:Visited KI today. No CPZ signs in lot or park entrance noticed, none on offices either. No metal detectors, no searching of bags anymore. Unarmed security throughout park, pleasant enough... Armed KI police posted by entrance and saw one at waterpark locker area, they are armed, also pleasant. Parking lot patrolled jointly by Mason PD and KI PD. Carried bug today with nylon/velcro secured holster..... I love KI again!
Looks like dude did a year and a half ago.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
zurfaces

Re: KI is gun friendly

Post by zurfaces »

pirateguy191 wrote:
ebowsers wrote:Visited KI today. No CPZ signs in lot or park entrance noticed, none on offices either. No metal detectors, no searching of bags anymore. Unarmed security throughout park, pleasant enough... Armed KI police posted by entrance and saw one at waterpark locker area, they are armed, also pleasant. Parking lot patrolled jointly by Mason PD and KI PD. Carried bug today with nylon/velcro secured holster..... I love KI again!
Looks like dude did a year and a half ago.
Yes but no one else has verified if this is true or not and it's still listed on the dnpwa list. Just wanted to know if anyone else had been and could verify that information you so kindly quoted. I'd rather not advance purchase the tickets then get down there and it be posted.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I did not notice signs last year but I was not spend a lot of time looking for them either. The security folks looking through bags were gone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

They wand you and check bags for the Halloween Haunt. I was there this Halloween and they wanded my 10 year old son but not me one time. Every other time they wanded me. They seem to just randomly select people to check. They did not do this during the regular season
ffej5647

Post by ffej5647 »

been there 3 times this year so far even on opening day. didnt notice CPZ signs anywhere but no more metal detectors or bag searches or wands any of the times. Same with cedar point. the mrs. and i have platinum passes so we go all the time to KI and CP but I have never carried in. I just dont see the point to. I would rather carry into a concert than to a amusement park. if there would be a terror incident, I would just dash to my car and load up!