Former school grounds?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: School zone 1000' rule.

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Redbear wrote:Ohio Concealed Carry Handbook, page 15, last paragraph.

1000' Rule DOES APPLY to concealed carry permit holders.
Read page 16.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
doggscube

Post by doggscube »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
jeffkirchner wrote:discreet carry vest
I used to think this idea was laughable. There's a regular customer at my moonlighting job (retail tobacco shop) who's been there in 3 different vests, and had a Bulldog fanny pack during hot weather. My co-workers had no idea that he's almost certainly carrying a gun.

Jeff
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

doggscube wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
jeffkirchner wrote:discreet carry vest
I used to think this idea was laughable. There's a regular customer at my moonlighting job (retail tobacco shop) who's been there in 3 different vests, and had a Bulldog fanny pack during hot weather. My co-workers had no idea that he's almost certainly carrying a gun.

Jeff
In cooler weather I either use the vest or tuck depending on my mood. I prefer the vest for faster access. Not a single strange look that I have noticed when wearing the vest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
mrbone

Re: School zone 1000' rule.

Post by mrbone »

Redbear wrote:Ohio Concealed Carry Handbook, page 15, last paragraph.

1000' Rule DOES APPLY to concealed carry permit holders.
Read which ORC law it cites to support this claim; it has nothing to do with firearms. (It's for drug offenses.) This was not in the original booklet, and IMO it is a mistake. Dunno if it was an "intentional mistake" or not...