Columbus Airport Marriot

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rexles

Columbus Airport Marriot

Post by rexles »

Does anyone know if the Airport Marriot is posted?
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

rexles:

It wasn't the last time I stayed there - March or April....

The restaurant serves, though....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
rexles

Post by rexles »

Thanks Stu. I was goin to call but if I got some desk clerk on the phone she wouldn't know anyway.
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

rexles wrote:Thanks Stu. I was goin to call but if I got some desk clerk on the phone she wouldn't know anyway.
Marriott and their related properties (Fairfield, Courtyard, Residence Inn, etc) generally have never been posted in my experience, which is one reason why I prefer them over other brands. I'm sure there might be a few posted somewhere but they'd definitely be the exception and not the rule.
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

Can a hotel actualy post?

When yo urent a room, the door to that room become the front door to your abode. I would not think they could ban them compleatly due to this.

(P.S. I work at a hotel that is posted, but its onyl a realy small sign on the front door that no one sees.)
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Timmy:

As I see it you can have a gun in your room but getting it to the room could require transit of a posted area....

If the hotel is one of those "park at your door" types it shouldn't matter. Otherwise I don't know....

rexles:

The restaurant's a non-issue if you stay out of it.

The Columbus Airport area is a little iffy. The hotel's fine, but outside of about a four block circle, things get a little less safe. No issues on getting to and from the airport, and once you're at the airport is no problem either. Or, you can grab a freeway right there and go about anywhere.

The folks were kind enough to build yet another freeway after the hotel was built. That resulted in what should have been a direct road from the airport to the hotel getting chopped up. Coming from the airport can be a little confusing.

If my brain's working, the hotel is west of the airport. I think it's 17th street that runs from just south of the airport main entrance to the hotel. However, you now have to turn left at the stop sign and then right at the traffic light, a couple blocks away. That puts the hotel on your left - sort of drive by it to find the entrance.

I always mess up trying to leave if I'm heading to the airport area....

The main desk is right inside the front doors. Then they'll tell you to drive another zillion miles to the actual "housing" area. The center door is the elevator lobby.... The restaurant is kind of expensive, but convenient enough. There's an IHOP or something like that nearby - that's about it except for a McD's.... I usually end up at my sister's or she picks someplace I could probably find, but not explain....

The first time I stayed there it was another chain.... Ramada, I think.... We skipped several years and then I made reservations again. I couldn't find the Ramada! We finally gave up and drove over to my sister's. I called from there and kept getting "Marriott".... Finally asked.... They'd changed ownership between the time I made the reservation online and we got there.... Meantime the new freeway messed with my memory of how to get to it.

The only downsides I've run into: Seems like the same painting in EVERY bathroom and the sink drain pipe is too small if it even thinks about getting clogged.... And some rooms have an "armoire" that contains the clothes closet. Kind of a pain to use. There's a "nook" that could be used, but there's no pipe. You can stick a suitcase in there though....

If you want to spend another $100/night, the Westin downtown is an experience. The building's over 100 years old - it was an opera house. The bathroom door wouldn't close properly and the windows were a little leaky the one time I was there, but it was super. (My nephew's wedding - simpler to stay there and we got a small discount.) If it was posted I never noticed.... (Plumbing & such are "modern". Mom said that she'd been there to see an opera once....)

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
snoudude

Post by snoudude »

I've never run into a posted Marriott - I stay at them on average of 2-3 nights a week... A full service Hilton in Akron/Canton is another story, in fact they covered ALL entrance/exit doors with a sign that included "the property" though the parking lot wasn't posted. If it weren't for the fact I'd arrived after the cancel time I would have switched. I was only staying there to begin with to avoid my points expiring - I think I'll "convert" them over to miles or get a magazine subscription for them. To be honest I think I would have felt safer sleeping in my car at the Mall parking lot with my pistol than that hotel - it bothered me all evening - the letter is in the mail along with faxed hotel stay bills from Marriott each week - haven't gotten a response yet.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

I carry FOPA to my room via my suitcase in any posted hotel.

IANAL, those signs cover only Concealed Carry.

On top of that, a hotel room is your domicile. You can always carry there.
smoluse

Post by smoluse »

interesting thought.. If I rent a hotel room its my property for the night so I can make the rules in that room .. so, if I own a car, following that same legal principle, I should be able to park in a school parking lot and have a firearm inside. Seems it would be legal as long as I did not leave the vehicle. (Like picking up my wife or child)

I would not test this, but it is an interesting legal argument.
The Obama Nation in an "abomination"
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

smoluse wrote:interesting thought.. so, if I own a car, following that same legal principle, I should be able to park in a school parking lot and have a firearm inside. Seems it would be legal as long as I did not leave the vehicle. (Like picking up my wife or child)

And in some States this is true. The vehicle is considered as an extension of the home.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

smoluse wrote:interesting thought.. If I rent a hotel room its my property for the night so I can make the rules in that room .. so, if I own a car, following that same legal principle, I should be able to park in a school parking lot and have a firearm inside. Seems it would be legal as long as I did not leave the vehicle. (Like picking up my wife or child)

A hotel is considered a domicile.