Lakeside Chataqua

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Lakeside Chataqua

Post by Javelin Man »

My better half and I spent yesterday and today with a great stay at a bed & breakfast after the Lakeside Symphony concert at Lakeside Chataqua. As we rolled into the grounds and stopped at the gate to pay for two day passes and a car pass, a sign on the gate stated no weapons allowed on the grounds. It was a regular sign with a gun and circle/slash along with words stating no weapons.

Is this allowed in a gated community? Or just in some buildings? :? Are criminals exempt from this requirement?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Lakeside Chataqua

Post by JustaShooter »

It looks like Lakeside Chautauqua is privately-owned property that does short-term rentals. From what I can tell, they don't qualify as "Residential premises" since they seem to fit this exemption in ORC 5321.01 http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/5321.01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(3) Tourist homes, hotels, motels, recreational vehicle parks, recreation camps, combined park-camps, temporary park-camps, and other similar facilities where circumstances indicate a transient occupancy;
So yes, they can post their property, and you must legally comply *except* in your vehicle.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BillytheKidder

Re: Lakeside Chataqua

Post by BillytheKidder »

Lakeside is unique.

It is private property. Homes are for the most part privately owned; they have long term land-leases. Some are occupied by full time owner/occupants, some are seasonally occupied by the owners. Some are income properties, renting by the month, week or day. I would guess the law might see some as “residential premises” and some as not.

The hotels are owned by Lakeside, I believe, I don’t know if they own any bed and breakfasts.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.