Cincinnati Zoo Status?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Cincinnati Zoo Status?

Post by Louis »

Over the years the Cincinnati Zoo seems to have been first a no-guns place, then just the parking lot, then nothing, now a full no-guns location. Anyone know the current status of the place? I am trying to exercise my second childhood self. Thanks!
Brian D.

Re: Cincinnati Zoo Status?

Post by Brian D. »

I sort of lost track and gave up, Louis. One of their claims is that they are somehow "affiliated" with Cincinnati Public Schools, hence off-limits to firearms.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I'm sure you can disarm and store/lock your firearm in the car when you attend. Am I correct???
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

The Zoo proper is posted.

The parking lot might be; I do not remember seeing such a sign the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago.)

I carry, park, lock my pistol in the car, transition to the Zoo, see the sights, return to car, unlock and rearm, then leave.

I will say this: I feel much safer in the new parking lot than the old system where you might be caught idling on Drury, or take a chance parking on the public street. Plus the new lot is almost fully shaded by the solar panels, so the car is usually cool on return.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote:I'm sure you can disarm and store/lock your firearm in the car when you attend. Am I correct???
With the law that went into effect last year, yes, even if it is posted - though to adhere to the letter of the law, it would need to be either locked in the trunk or locked in a container inside the passenger compartment.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

Thanks for the responses!

We were there yesterday and did not carry. However, we could not find any signs anywhere. We especially looked around the main entrance, both the escalator and the elevator. 147DOC, do you remember where you saw the signs? We will probably be back there next month.

Louis
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

We were there in the fall of last year. entered through the Vine street entrance. I saw no gun buster signs anywhere.
Stay safe; Check 360
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

http://cincinnatizoo.org/plan-your-visit/visitor-faq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have a conceal/carry permit. I am allowed to bring my firearm on Zoo grounds?
The Zoo does not allow any firearm to be brought on grounds, regardless if the individual has a conceal/carry permit.

and Issue 2 passed:
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/ha ... vy-renewal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The zoo earns about $6.55 million from the levy annually, but that number covers a smaller and smaller portion of its cumulative financial needs, director Thane Maynard argued in February. Over the course of the preceding decade, he said, the
levy went from covering 41 percent of the zoo's budget to just 17 percent.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I was there last Saturday. I did not see a sign upon initial entry. Upon a subsequent reentry later in the day, I noticed a si gle gun buster sign on the left side of the main entrance archway.

I carried until the subsequent reentry. Noone died. Go figure. I won't be going back.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin