Montgomery Inn (Boathouse): Signs gone!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rlsmaritime

Re: Montgomery Inn (Boathouse): Signs gone!

Post by rlsmaritime »

Montgomery location is still posted, both front entrance and rear entrance. Signs on front entrance appear to have been there for some time.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

rlsmaritime wrote:Montgomery location is still posted, both front entrance and rear entrance. Signs on front entrance appear to have been there for some time.
Haven't been there for about a year, but there were no signs on the Montgomery Road entrance back then. There was a sign snuck down along ground level on the window next to the valet parking entrance though which I saw as I was leaving.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I never seem to run into owner Dean Gregory any more nowadays, or I'd have the conversation with him one more time. The trouble has been in part that Dean doesn't manage the Montgomery Road location, it is run by other family members as I understand. I do not know them well enough for such a chat. It did work with the Boathouse store.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rlsmaritime

Post by rlsmaritime »

Original location in Montgomery is posted at both entrances.
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

Anyone know if Montgomery Inn in Montgomery (the original one) is still posted? Thanks!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I gave up on the Montgomery location. Maybe a year ago it was still posted as described. How soon were you heading there, Louis? I will be in that general direction on Sunday, can swing by for a look if that helps. And if I don't forget..

********************************************************************************
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

Thanks for the offer, Brian, but the event is this evening. I may just do a drive by this afternoon. Louis
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Please report back what you find. I can speak to Dean again, and maybe his brother Tom who runs the Montgomery location, if it's still posted.

Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

No sign on the Montgomery Road entrance that I could see. I did not get a chance to check the parking lot entrance in the back. We plan to go back again after not having been there in several years. We thought the food was a little better than at the Boathouse. Used to go to the Montgomery Road one several times a year until the signs.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for the report, Louis.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I stopped at the original location in Montgomery today. Gunbuster signs gone from all entrances. I must not have been the only one who spoke to them about it through the years.

djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Almost makes me want to head down I-71 for the four hour drive. Ah, the memories of being a college kid on a date with the lady blowing two weeks of computer lab monitor money on ribs and then heading over to the bar, buying a cigar and smoking it while drinking Ted's Pale Ale watching sports as the lady nursed a Coke. And then the lady driving home...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

djthomas wrote:Almost makes me want to head down I-71 for the four hour drive. Ah, the memories of being a college kid on a date with the lady blowing two weeks of computer lab monitor money on ribs and then heading over to the bar, buying a cigar and smoking it while drinking Ted's Pale Ale watching sports as the lady nursed a Coke. And then the lady driving home...
The cigar portion of that would now have to be done on the patio. Even at their northern Kentucky location, in Ft. Mitchell. No statewide indoor smoking ban in Kentucky as of yet, but that particular county has some restrictions.

Anyhow, I was glad to see that the original location finally followed the example of the Boathouse downtown by removing the gunbuster signs.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

djthomas wrote:Almost makes me want to head down I-71 for the four hour drive. Ah, the memories of being a college kid on a date with the lady blowing two weeks of computer lab monitor money on ribs and then heading over to the bar, buying a cigar and smoking it while drinking Ted's Pale Ale watching sports as the lady nursed a Coke. And then the lady driving home...
If you come down, give me a yell and we'll get together there.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand