IKEA...POSTED AND TERRIBLE EXPERIANCE !!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

R1CUSTOM

IKEA...POSTED AND TERRIBLE EXPERIANCE !!

Post by R1CUSTOM »

Well I went to the West Chester IKEA last weekend.
It is posted and if ever given the opportunity to go there...say NO..NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO !!!!!
It was the worst place ever invented and you will forever regret going there.
A mass of humanity looking at a pathetic display of furniture and other crap and being a captured customer with there maze of traffic pattern...They oughta ban stores like them. It took years of them being open before I ever went and I can fully say I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND ADVOSE EVERYONE I CAN TO AVOID THE PLACE...ITS A MESS !!!!
docachna

Re: IKEA...POSTED AND TERRIBLE EXPERIANCE !!

Post by docachna »

I tried to hand a "No Guns-No Money" card to a manager there a couple of years ago....he just looked at me like I was diseased, and just let it fall on the floor.

Schmucks, one and all.......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I've never understood the attraction. I visited the one in Dallas a few years ago with my sister. It was posted but I carried anyhow since it wasn't properly posted. I had no intention of spending any money, and granted I'm not one to wander aisles aimlessly looking for stuff but I walked out completely unimpressed.

It's one of those places that I can't believe people evaluate the success of their hometown on whether or not it has come to town. Seriously, you southern Ohioans should see and hear the comments that bubble up in the Cleveland media every few months. You'd swear the second coming of Christ himself was scheduled and then abruptly postponed with each rumor of IKEA's next store when it turns out to not be Brooklyn, or Westlake, or Parma, or Cleveland, or...
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

In related news: Ikea recalls 27 million chests, dressers after two deaths
Two children died after Ikea's Malm chests fell on them in 2014. Ikea says it knows of reports of three additional deaths since 1989 from tip-overs involving other models of Ikea chests and dressers.
R1CUSTOM

Post by R1CUSTOM »

i understand. Cinci area was SO IMPRESSED when Ikea arrived...and people are still flocking..obviously like lemmings.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

My brother and his wife used to live near the IKEA north of Cincy. My sister in law liked the place and insisted my brother tag along. So he would, with the following provisos: She had to drive because he was going to a drink beer to and from the place. He stayed in the area where they served food and got some kind of great breakfast deal. When his wife finished shopping she had to load the parcels into their pickup herself.

When they got home my brother would unlock his tool cabinet so that his wife could have full access to all the stuff she needed to assemble the purchases.

Now my brother is normally very reasonable and cooperative, but he just couldn't stand the concept of IKEA's overpriced, overhyped merchandise. After having seen a piece or two of furniture from them at my brother's house, I see why.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
wls

Post by wls »

Wife and I moved to the West Chester area last November and made a trek to Ikea....never again. I did not see it was posted so I did carry. But that endless path with no apparent exits, the maps you can't make out, and the furniture made for tiny spaces was more then we could take. We drive past it frequently and just shake our heads...
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Brian D. wrote:My brother and his wife used to live near the IKEA north of Cincy. My sister in law liked the place and insisted my brother tag along. So he would, with the following provisos: She had to drive because he was going to a drink beer to and from the place. He stayed in the area where they served food and got some kind of great breakfast deal. When his wife finished shopping she had to load the parcels into their pickup herself.

When they got home my brother would unlock his tool cabinet so that his wife could have full access to all the stuff she needed to assemble the purchases.

Now my brother is normally very reasonable and cooperative, but he just couldn't stand the concept of IKEA's overpriced, overhyped merchandise. After having seen a piece or two of furniture from them at my brother's house, I see why.
I like your brother already... probably a bit more than your sister-in-law did that day... :wink:
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

What's this about Ikea selling furniture?

Ikea = Swedish Meatballs

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'll be the odd one out and say I like Ikea. I've bought a few cabinets from them and find the quality is equal to any other budget style cabinet that one could buy at Walmart, Target, etc. Sure, if you want high end, obviously those are not the places to shop. I mainly just like the fact that you can easily customize the product more than just buying one out of the box and not truly liking the doors or shelfs.

As for the store layout, yes, I hate the maze. Nothing like seeing a cabinet, wanting to walk around and look some more, then having to remember where the heck you saw it at. That part is super annoying.
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:What's this about Ikea selling furniture?

Ikea = Swedish Meatballs

:wink:
I figured you'd be all over the $1 breakfast or the 50 cent hot dogs. Me, I love their cinnamon rolls, 6 for $4 and always fresh.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

My wife went to one near Cinn. one time and bought some foot locker monstrocity. I beraded her and then spent the night on the couch. Colt Defender under pillow of course.
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'll be the odd one out and say I like Ikea...
I like Ikea, too. You just have to realize who they are and what they sell.

I currently have planned the purchase of several "BILLY" bookcases (3 tall & 1 half-height), a sofa, 2 chairs and a TV stand from Ikea.

All this stuff is part of remodeling the living room in a 60-year-old mobile home. I just don't need anything high-end.

The best part of having an Ikea store in Ohio is that when you find something of interest on their web site, you can visit and see JUST how crappy the items are.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Comey

Post by Comey »

about the only section of IKEA that is worth while sometimes is the clearance. IF you hit it just right, you can get some sweet deals on cabinets a stuff for your garage, etc.

I must of missed the sign, i had my smoothie with me the whole time, and no sweedish meetball got upset.