Banks That Permit Firearms in Ohio??

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Col Duke

Banks That Permit Firearms in Ohio??

Post by Col Duke »

Are there any banks or credit unions, particularly in the Cincinnati-Dayton area, that are not posted? I am looking to open a personal account in a different bank, but have yet to find one that permits me to enter armed. I'd prefer a bank with multiple branches, but would consider a locally owned bank as well.

Thanks.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Banks That Permit Firearms in Ohio??

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Key
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Key Huntington
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

+1 for Huntington
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I think I've seen ONE KeyBank that posted, and that was in Beachwood, at LEAST ten years ago.

None of the ones around here post.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Huntington is almost entirely gun-friendly. However, there are a couple (few?) locations that are posted... for instance, the one on Red Bank has a man-trap door and a no firearms sign... since the rest are not, my presumption is they consider that location a robbery risk.

I have a Huntington account and have had for more than a decade.
ruger

Post by ruger »

We deal with Key Bank. Not posted here either.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

PNC and Chase.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

147Doc wrote:Huntington is almost entirely gun-friendly. However, there are a couple (few?) locations that are posted... for instance, the one on Red Bank has a man-trap door and a no firearms sign... since the rest are not, my presumption is they consider that location a robbery risk.
In Columbus, one at Morse and Karl has a man-trap door and is posted. Only posted Huntington I've ever seen. I've been with Huntington since '83.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

147Doc wrote:Huntington is almost entirely gun-friendly. However, there are a couple (few?) locations that are posted... for instance, the one on Red Bank has a man-trap door and a no firearms sign... since the rest are not, my presumption is they consider that location a robbery risk.
Huntington in Shaker Heights at Chagrin and Avalon has man-trap and no firearms sign. Had to visit yesterday for the first time in a long while. (It's been installed about a year, apparently.)

Muttered loudly after they let me through (my keys and phone tripped something, but my pocket knife was 'OK') that I wouldn't be coming back. They seemed surprised and someone asked "why?", so I said, even louder, that it didn't seem as though Huntington trusted me anymore.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

kcclark wrote:
In Columbus, one at Morse and Karl has a man-trap door and is posted. Only posted Huntington I've ever seen. I've been with Huntington since '83.
rimfireOH wrote: Huntington in Shaker Heights at Chagrin and Avalon has man-trap and no firearms sign. Had to visit yesterday for the first time in a long while. (It's been installed about a year, apparently.)

Muttered loudly after they let me through (my keys and phone tripped something, but my pocket knife was 'OK') that I wouldn't be coming back. They seemed surprised and someone asked "why?", so I said, even louder, that it didn't seem as though Huntington trusted me anymore.
Interesting - it was my understanding that it was Huntington's corporate policy to allow carry in their banks. Has anyone contacted corporate about these branches?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB&T Bank is based in Kentucky but has branches in SW Ohio. Pretty sure they don't post, and I hear good things about their customer service.

Chase seems like it's on the downswing here, closing branches but not opening new ones.

I bank with Kemba Credit Union. They have a location purchased from an out of business bank, that came with a metal detector/mantrap. Until they ditch that, I go to a different branch or use the drive-up window.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Brian D. wrote:Chase seems like it's on the downswing here, closing branches but not opening new ones.
That trend is not limited to Chase, nor will it be slowing down. As more consumers embrace digital options the need for extensive and dense retail branch networks goes down. With limited exceptions virtually every bank is closing branches with little or no fanfare and almost no bank is opening new ones. Give it time - pick any bank or credit union with multiple branches. Check back in five years and I guarantee there will be fewer locations.

I was reading a business journal piece about how some regional banks like PNC are exploding into new markets (as in, nationwide) with little or no branch network to support. And evidently doing really well at it.

I'm half in, half out. I have a checking account with the brick and mortar that holds my 15 year old mortgage at a decent rate. I do a ton of banking online. About the only time I visit the branch is when I need something from the safe deposit box. Cash comes from ATMs that more often than not are not at a branch location. My savings account is with an online-only bank and it pays 10-20 times what my brick and mortar offers. If it wasn't for the safe deposit box I'd have no problem doing all my banking with virtual entities.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yes, I've read articles about the dwindling number of in-person bank branches. Around here though, either Chase is leading the way in that regard, or, they're in financial difficulty. Meanwhile, I get more junk mail from Chase than all other banks combined.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I've kept my PNC accounts due to their gun policy even though there are NO branches in Virginia.

I do all my banking online and only use two postage stamps a year to send two checks to the county for my property taxes. (they charge WAY too much for credit card payment).

My only problem is that I don't, as yet, own a smart phone so if I have a check that needs to be deposited I have my daughter photograph it and send it to PNC for deposit from hers.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.