Prescription drugs

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Hogleg2018

Prescription drugs

Post by Hogleg2018 »

I have been searching the Ohio .gov pages in an attempt to find a list of either permitted or banned medications that may flag me when I renew my OH CCW. When I obtained my permit a few years ago I was not taking any prescription meds. I now am taking beta blockers for blood pressure.

Anyone know where such a list of drugs may be found? I have already read orc/2923.13, but it only listed the general law and penalties.
Brian D.

Re: Prescription drugs

Post by Brian D. »

I think that's all the written guidance you'll get on the subject. We've kicked this around before, and there's gray area aplenty.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Hogleg2018 wrote:I have been searching the Ohio .gov pages in an attempt to find a list of either permitted or banned medications that may flag me when I renew my OH CCW. When I obtained my permit a few years ago I was not taking any prescription meds. I now am taking beta blockers for blood pressure.
There is no list of medications that gets checked against as part of the CHL/NICS background check.
You're fine.
Hogleg2018

Post by Hogleg2018 »

Roger that.