what started as concealed turned to open

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

what started as concealed turned to open

Post by Dave44142 »

While i was out and about i today i stopped in one of our metro parks. ( I am not going to address metro park rules or laws. The purpose
of this short report is to cast a favorable light on the activities of today.) while i was at the location, a very busy and well known spot, a man
came in on a Motorcycle and parked..Even though the temp was near 90 because he was on a motorcycle he was wearing a leather jacket.
after he had been there a few minutes he removed his jacket. this exposed to view a side arm. It looked like a 9 mm or a 40 cal....He may have forgotten that he was armed and that it
was showing. Now it is an open carry and he remains there and in full view and begins to chat with passers by,and others. this went on for over 40 minutes. the point of this post is at least 12 to 20 people must have seen this and No one reacted in any way...no one said anything,no one looked at it sideways....just a good afternoon with no one objection...In other words it went as it should go..and today in this world i was amazed !!
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: what started as concealed turned to open

Post by JustaShooter »

And that's how it generally goes when my wife and I open carry. Rarely any negative interactions - I can count them on the fingers of one hand in fact. As it should be.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Good story. Also, as hot as it was, it tends to rust a good firearm if it gets too sweat-soaked.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

When I open carry, there is only one LEO (in Lebanon) that gives me dirty looks. Never said anything to me, but it is always the same guy.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

JustaShooter wrote:And that's how it generally goes when my wife and I open carry. Rarely any negative interactions - I can count them on the fingers of one hand in fact. As it should be.
My daughter used to work at a small-town Wendy's. There was at least one guy that open carried there from time to time. Employees noticed him, and were nervous. Some customers said something to the manager. Manager was smart enough to know the man is legal, and absent some direct threat, he was fine. I think he may have been asked to cover it up on account of customers once, though.

Based on what you have told me about your experiences, JustaShooter, I was surprised that the youthful employees at Wendy's noticed, and that customers may have said something about it.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I try to be in a non-grumpy frame of mind when open carrying. If people notice and ask questions in a way that indicates they want to learn, not pick an argument, I want to be in an affable mood so as to be a good "ambassador" for the cause.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:I try to be in a non-grumpy frame of mind when open carrying. If people notice and ask questions in a way that indicates they want to learn, not pick an argument, I want to be in an affable mood so as to be a good "ambassador" for the cause.
Brian, I'm surprised you open carry as much as you do since you require that mind-set. :lol:
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

To quote Carmen Fovozzo: "You a funny guy, Mike."
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.