Picktown Palooza

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Picktown Palooza

Post by Sevens »

Night Ranger was FANTASTIC at the Picktown Palooza and we had a wonderful time.

Before the second band (Gypsi Kings) started their set, the organizers got up and thanked sponsors and attendees and a local girl performed a great rendition of our National Anthem. Immediately after that, the "Honor Guard" (I think that was their title) did a 21-gun salute and held aloft the POW flag.

I like the patriotism mixed in with a small local summer event but the gun handling by some of these gentlemen was simply abysmal. And no, that isn't too strong a word. I believe they were using shotguns, looked like shotguns the best that I could tell and hours before they were to give their salute, when I saw how carelessly and recklessly these were being handled, I just assumed they must be fake wooden parade props. Guns pointing every which way with no care whatsoever to muzzle direction and numerous times I watched a guy or two with their hands cupped over the muzzle and leaning on the shotgun as if it were a walking stick.

I have no idea if these were some kind of "blank firing only" replica or if they were standard Rem 870's or Mossberg 500's, but the blanks were good & loud.

If you saw these guys handling guns like this at a range or in the field, you'd pack up your gear and get the hell out.

Sincere apologies if it was only 2 or 3 of them that looked and acted like dangerous fudds. If you happen to be part of this group, you have a duty to get up their butts sideways and teach them to respect these tools.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Re: Picktown Palooza

Post by Brian D. »

I saw the same thing last year at some local festival I attended here in the SW. Tried talking them up about it but the suggestions fell on deaf ears.

Believe someone else in here told a similar tale about the gun handling done by a veterans group during a parade or the like.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.