Concealed Carry On My Property

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Grumpyolddog

Concealed Carry On My Property

Post by Grumpyolddog »

I do not have a CCW permit and I'm aware that I may open carry in Ohio, which I do not plan on doing. May I carry concealed on my own property, ie: my home, yard, detached garage etc.? I can't find a provision for that in the Ohio laws. Thanks for any help.
djthomas

Re: Concealed Carry On My Property

Post by djthomas »

Within your home, yes. Beyond that, no. ORC 2923.12 is the general rule prohibiting concealed carry. Without a license it provides a very narrow exception pertaining to "[a] person's storage or possession of a firearm, other than a firearm described in divisions (G) to (M) of section 2923.11 of the Revised Code, in the actor's own home for any lawful purpose." Emphasis mine.

Go get your ticket as soon as you can.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

The fact that you can't legally carry concealed on your property is so anti-liberty, anti-freedom, anti-American I cannot stand it.
bachclan

Post by bachclan »

I'm in the City of Delaware (Delaware County) and open carry on our property, but always keep the CHL on my person just in case someone calls the police. In over two years there has never been an issue.