Gun Buster Decal at Fast Food Drive Thru Window?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Col Duke

Gun Buster Decal at Fast Food Drive Thru Window?

Post by Col Duke »

A colleague told me a few days ago he saw a GB decal at a Skyline Chili drive thru window. Anyone every seen a decal at a drive thru?

In this case, the decal was only visible after the customer had placed the order at the order station (microphone/speaker), then drove forward to pay and receive food. I've decided if this ever happens to me, I will tell the person at the window I cannot stay and/or pay for the food lest I go to jail for having a gun at their window. Let them the eat the cost of the wasted food.
Brian D.

Re: Gun Buster Decal at Fast Food Drive Thru Window?

Post by Brian D. »

I'd do the same thing, then follow up with corporate, or the franchise owner, as appropriate. Any idea where this was?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

You would only be illegal if you reached through the window :mrgreen:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Mr. Glock wrote:You would only be illegal if you reached through the window :mrgreen:
... with the gun in your hand, no less!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

Brian D. wrote:I'd do the same thing, then follow up with corporate, or the franchise owner, as appropriate. Any idea where this was?
Skyline has restaurants all over the Dayton and Cincinnati area. My colleague lives in Fairborn, so it was probably one of the Dayton locations. I do know Skyline corporate has had a long time, staunch "no gun" policy.
marca

Post by marca »

I would give it all the attention it deserves - none.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

It is explicitly legal to ignore that sign under these circumstances.

I seem to recall that the last time someone mentioned seeing a posted drive thru it was a Skyline as well.
Col Duke

Post by Col Duke »

djthomas wrote:It is explicitly legal to ignore that sign under these circumstances.

I seem to recall that the last time someone mentioned seeing a posted drive thru it was a Skyline as well.
Wasn't implying the legality of it, pointing out more the stupidity of any restaurateur/merchant who would so post. I do not patronize Skyline, or any business that posts unless I can help it. I must admit, however, I do hope to find another example of a posted drive thru just so I can leave them food they have to pitch. I get satisfaction hitting businesses who post in the wallet.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

I assume that since the gun buster sign is on the drive through window you can't enter the restaurant through there. But I have heard of thieves entering through there. But they can't read like like the law abiding citizen can. Just saying.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

qmti wrote:I assume that since the gun buster sign is on the drive through window you can't enter the restaurant through there. But I have heard of thieves entering through there. But they can't read like like the law abiding citizen can. Just saying.
Oh, most of them can read, but the meaning of the sign has a different affect on their motives than on ours. We read it as them not wanting us or our money; they read it as a free fire zone.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Col Duke wrote:
Brian D. wrote:I'd do the same thing, then follow up with corporate, or the franchise owner, as appropriate. Any idea where this was?
Skyline has restaurants all over the Dayton and Cincinnati area. My colleague lives in Fairborn, so it was probably one of the Dayton locations. I do know Skyline corporate has had a long time, staunch "no gun" policy.
There's one on the west side of Cleveland as well, in a mall off of Ridge Rd., I believe. I haven't been there in years, maybe before there was legal concealed carry in Ohio.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Three in the Cleveland - Akron area.
https://www.skylinechili.com/locations.php?zip=44224

About 8 years ago I ate at the Stow location, ONCE.
It was posted, I left a No Guns - No Money card and said I wouldn't be back.
The manager didn't seem to care.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:Three in the Cleveland - Akron area.
https://www.skylinechili.com/locations.php?zip=44224

About 8 years ago I ate at the Stow location, ONCE.
It was posted, I left a No Guns - No Money card and said I wouldn't be back.
The manager didn't seem to care.
Last time I ate at Skyline was when my mother-in-law died and Dorie's sisters all wanted to go there despite there being some very good restaurants with reasonable prices in the area. I do remember that I got sick.

Used to go there quite a bit back in college, but the food was better then.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

deanimator wrote:There's one on the west side of Cleveland as well, in a mall off of Ridge Rd., I believe. I haven't been there in years, maybe before there was legal concealed carry in Ohio.
Skyline posted all of its corporate locations on day zero, however did not force its standards on the few franchised locations in its network.

As to the Cleveland location, it was franchised and unposted for many years. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances but corporate took it over and promptly posted. I complained and when I was directed to call some GM at a 513 area code I knew it was a lost cause. I was right.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Col Duke wrote:
I was at a Dayton Skyline today and there was no gun related signs either at the front door, inside, or at the drive thru. It may have been a different owner than the one in Fairborn however.