Form Letter from Sheriff''s Dept.

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ace

Form Letter from Sheriff''s Dept.

Post by Ace »

Got a form letter from the Sheriff''s Dept. asking to check questions: 1) if I still live at the same address, and 2) if I still have my permit. The letter says it is for assessment and for their NICs compliance, and there is a serial number listed, which they say is for dept. use only (followed by an exclamation point). I've had my license over ten years and never received a letter like this before.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Form Letter from Sheriff''s Dept.

Post by JustaShooter »

That is very odd. I've never heard of anything like this before - what county?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

As of January when Ace joined the forums, he lived in Belmont County. He reported his second renewal taking a hella long time then.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Can you upload a scan/picture of the latter? Redact any personal information (name, address). I'm very curious to see this letter. I suspect I'd throw it in the trash, though.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

Ace wrote:2) if I still have my permit.
Does their inquiry say "permit"? If it does, I'd consider tossing it in the trash.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Pitch it and don't worry about it.

Unless it came certified, signature required... "Form? What form?" Kinda like the jury duty notices. Prove that I even received it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Ace

Post by Ace »

People are telling me that it takes a long time to get their licenses renewed in Belmont, and so they are going to other counties. From what they tell me and after what I experienced in December-January, it sounds like inefficiency more than anything else. Back in January the Dept. finally sent my license to me, but past the deadline, which was irritating.

As for the form letter: I wonder if the Dept. failed to archive this information when they were processing peoples' applications, and so are sending out these forms for the records they should be (but have not been) keeping?
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

Ace wrote:and there is a serial number listed
Serial number for what? We don't register firearms in Ohio (to my knowledge). Unless this was about a Form 1 or Form 4 notification.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

rimfireOH wrote:
Serial number for what? We don't register firearms in Ohio (to my knowledge). Unless this was about a Form 1 or Form 4 notification.
Maybe the serial number of the license?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

rimfireOH wrote:
Did he mean the form letter was numbered?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Never heard of such a thing!
God made man, Colt made them equal
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Sounds to me like someone is trying to make a searchable database.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction