Clark County

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Clark County

Post by qmti »

Evidently Clark County Sheriff wants to make getting your CCW license difficult. A friend of mine went to get his renewed and had to leave to get a cashiers check or a money order to pay for his renewal. No cash or check. I understand no credit cards. Or maybe the Sheriff had a internal theft problem in the past.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Clark County

Post by JustaShooter »

That's not particularly unusual, and why I always recommend that my students check what methods of payment are accepted *before* going to apply.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

My question is, why not take a check?
It's not like they don't know who the check writer is and where he lives.
Also, who would be stupid enough to risk the possibility of having their right to carry concealed by bouncing a check to the issuing agency?
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And isn't cash supposed to be legal tender for all debts, public and private?

You hand them cash, they hand you a receipt. If it gets stolen or disappears after that then the SO has bigger problems.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Clermont County has always required exact change, if you use cash. Why they can't keep a small "till" of change is beyond me.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:And isn't cash supposed to be legal tender for all debts, public and private?
It's not a debt until the service has been provided is how I think that works (at least, that's how a business that didn't accept large bills explained how they could get away with it).
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

My friend applied for his CCW renewal on a Thursday in Clark County and was called on Tuesday (6 days later) to pick it up. Now that is fast.
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

was told by a gentleman friday Ross county is wanting to keep your original certificate and give you a copy, he would not let them, he made an appointment in another county instead.
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

sunfish valley wrote:was told by a gentleman friday Ross county is wanting to keep your original certificate and give you a copy, he would not let them, he made an appointment in another county instead.
When I first applied for my ccw, Campaign county kept mine also. Fortunately I made a copy before going in at that time.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

qmti wrote:
sunfish valley wrote:was told by a gentleman friday Ross county is wanting to keep your original certificate and give you a copy, he would not let them, he made an appointment in another county instead.
When I first applied for my ccw, Campaign county kept mine also. Fortunately I made a copy before going in at that time.
Which is why I tell my students to take a *copy* of the certificate and the affidavit we provide, and store the originals with their important papers along with a copy of the application.
NRA Life Member

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:My friend applied for his CCW renewal on a Thursday in Clark County and was called on Tuesday (6 days later) to pick it up. Now that is fast.
I applied for my renewal in Campaign County (which I live in) and received it today which is 16 day wait. That's not too bad I think. It was mailed to me so there's a couple of days in transit.