Parkinson's

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Trilby

Parkinson's

Post by Trilby »

Might eventually be diagnosed with Parkinson's. Will any side effects of the treatment/medicine put my carry permit in jeopardy?
Brian D.

Re: Parkinson's

Post by Brian D. »

That is a possibility. Lots of variables because the regiment of treatments and medications varies from one patient to another. Hoping for the best here and you "dodge that bullet" completely!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Also hoping that you don't see the bad shaking that sometimes goes along with that. My father won the senior division twice at Camp Perry with the .45 when he was commander of the Naval Pistol Team. He wanted to get back into competitive shooting when he retired a Chief of the Highway Safety Division of the Transportation Safety Board and came down with Parkinson's shortly before retiring. He could still shoot for several years, but he couldn't achieve competitive levels any more. It's a nasty disease and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

I hope you also avoid the dementia that goes along with some 50-80% of Parkinson's cases. Dementia is a frightening thing for people to develop.
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

I sure hope this turns out to be just tremors
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AV8TOR wrote:I sure hope this turns out to be just tremors
Everyone here hopes the same for you.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
docachna

Post by docachna »

I have a couple relatives and friends dealing with it as we speak. No fun.

Suggest you get with a support group. They've found it does help to talk about it with people in the same boat at they are.

Wishing you the best !
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

Thanks to all
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

I knew a guy years ago who had it, but did not exhibit any tremors at that time. I never pried for any more info than he offered.
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).