Bad, bad idea?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

stormsailor

Bad, bad idea?

Post by stormsailor »

I'm getting emails from "Ape Survival" that say: "Answer the 6 questions on this page and you could quickly complete a CC qualification that can be used to apply for a permit that is recognized in 29 to 31 states." Is there any state that is issuing a chl to an out-of-state applicant based on such lax standards?

I got my Ohio permit the usual way by taking the course, learning the laws and rules, etc., passing the tests and qualifying at the range. That course teaches what people really should know to make them responsible concealed carriers, and I think any process that short cuts or eliminates that training is a terrible idea that could give permits to irresponsible concealed carriers, and that could bite the rest of us in the butt. Is there really such a loophole, and is it legal?
Face

Re: Bad, bad idea?

Post by Face »

stormsailor wrote:I'm getting emails from "Ape Survival" that say: "Answer the 6 questions on this page and you could quickly complete a CC qualification that can be used to apply for a permit that is recognized in 29 to 31 states." Is there any state that is issuing a chl to an out-of-state applicant based on such lax standards?

I got my Ohio permit the usual way by taking the course, learning the laws and rules, etc., passing the tests and qualifying at the range. That course teaches what people really should know to make them responsible concealed carriers, and I think any process that short cuts or eliminates that training is a terrible idea that could give permits to irresponsible concealed carriers, and that could bite the rest of us in the butt. Is there really such a loophole, and is it legal?
I had 5 or 6 of those caught in my SPAM filter overnight - fwiw. That was 1 email address, GMAIL - I never even look at it's folder.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Take the course, get a free Concealed Carry badge! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

stormsailor wrote:I'm getting emails from "Ape Survival" that say: "Answer the 6 questions on this page and you could quickly complete a CC qualification that can be used to apply for a permit that is recognized in 29 to 31 states." Is there any state that is issuing a chl to an out-of-state applicant based on such lax standards?

Frankly , I'm for "eliminating" the requirement for training and having to pay for a lic and I don't see where we are "getting bitten in the butt" as a result of states that are doing away with forcing carriers to have training and a lic.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Javelin Man wrote:Take the course, get a free Concealed Carry badge! :lol:
Good idea...mine is wore out...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

They COULD be in reference to the Virginia Non-resident CHP.
The training requirements for a VA CHP is extreme vague and nearly ANY training, including an online course, is acceptable.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Take the course, get a free Concealed Carry badge! :lol:
Good idea...mine is wore out...

If you didn't polish it 3 times a day it would last longer.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/