Help with relief question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Om295

Help with relief question

Post by Om295 »

In 1998 I was charged with a non violent f5 drug felony it was the only trouble I have ever been in in 2005 I went to court An got my deluge of disability that says I can acquire possess an Have fire arms But when I went to buy one they said no so I Appeled it with the fbi An it says because my case could of had a max sentence of a year or more I was denied I never went to jail An did two years on probation An was released from it early I have never been in any trouble other than that one time is there anything I can do to fix this at all as I would like to get a ccw
Om295

Re: Help with relief question

Post by Om295 »

I’m sorry I got my relief of disability I ment say
Om295

Post by Om295 »

Relief of disability I ment say sorry
Om295

Post by Om295 »

Can anyone please give me advice or input on this
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

1. You need a lawyer. If the ATF says you can't pass the background check because of the drug charge, that means (in their opinion) it's illegal for you to even possess a firearm. Seriously, talk to a lawyer.

2. Assuming your facts are correct, the FBI messed up. An Ohio F5 is punishable by not more than one year. Therefore it is not a term "exceeding one year" and therefore not a federal disqualifier. Still, if you appealed and the denial was upheld, you need a lawyer.

That may not be the kind of help you were looking for, but there it is.
Om295

Post by Om295 »

So I did so checking An yes it was def an f5. Also in 2005 I was granted relief
Of disability by a judge to have fire arms is this not recognized by the fbi it makes no since to me shouldn’t it be recognized on all levels
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Discussion continued here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes