Holsters are also banned?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gfrlaser

Holsters are also banned?

Post by gfrlaser »

I've been carrying for many years and ran into a new experience the other day. I needed to visit the S.S. Administration offices in downtown Dayton. I already knew that I could not carry into the government building so I rid myself of my Ruger and my pen knife.

What stunned me was when they noticed the empty holster still attached to belt while going through the metal detector, I was told I had to take back it to my car and come back again without it. I had no idea a holster qualified as a 'weapon'.

When questioning the guard why the requirement he told me that 'someone' might see it and get the wrong idea. The look on his face told me that he really wanted to say some snowflake might see it and get upset.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
gfrlaser

Re: Holsters are also banned?

Post by gfrlaser »

To add.... I should have told him it was for my cell phone just to see if that would have passed muster :D
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

gfrlaser wrote:The look on his face told me that he really wanted to say some snowflake might see it and get upset.
He was smart not to actually use that term though, as:
74 per cent [of 16-24 year-olds] think [using the term 'snowflakes' to refer to them] could have a negative effect on young people's mental health
Source: Don't call us snowflakes - it damages our mental health, say young people
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
74 per cent [of 16-24 year-olds] think [using the term 'snowflakes' to refer to them] could have a negative effect on young people's mental health
Source: Don't call us snowflakes - it damages our mental health, say young people
That just shows how fragile they really are, this is becoming a nation of wimps... :roll: :roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Is that actual policy or just someone showing his bias? If I had time, I'd ask to see the policy or if he's just some snowflake who doesn't like leather and if so, shall I take my belt shoes and wallet out? It's a piece of blasted leather!
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

dustymedic wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
That just shows how fragile they really are, this is becoming a nation of wimps... :roll: :roll:
You should have used the "proper" term, which is "snowflakes".....just sayin'.

They is what they is.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Javelin Man wrote:Is that actual policy or just someone showing his bias? If I had time, I'd ask to see the policy or if he's just some snowflake who doesn't like leather and if so, shall I take my belt shoes and wallet out? It's a piece of blasted leather!
I've read similar reports from members here about the same policies in other government buildings. If time isn't an issue it might be worthwhile to see copy of the rule. For laughs, if nothing else.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:Is that actual policy or just someone showing his bias? If I had time, I'd ask to see the policy or if he's just some snowflake who doesn't like leather and if so, shall I take my belt shoes and wallet out? It's a piece of blasted leather!
I'am with you Jav, IT JUST PLAN AND SIMPLE BS. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

DontTreadOnMe wrote: He was smart not to actually use that term though, as:
Whatever. It's a perfect term to use for someone who thinks they're special, regardless of age. My most recent use of it was to describe a professor to themselves.

The people claiming this stuff aren't qualified to speak on mental health orders, let alone self-descriptors - meds get prescribed based off patient complains, not doctor vetted, and create massive issues. Imagine this effect when people open mouths as authorities when they aren't even hobbyists.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I had a funny one a couple years back:

I had to pick up a friend of the wife at the ER of a local hospital. (LONG story I'll skip for now :D.)

I knew that the place had the usual gunbuster signs, and as I drove by the entrance, I could see the "detector", so I left the 1911 in the car. About 4 degrees outside, and very slick ice on the parking lot surface.

Got inside and realized that I'd forgotten to remove the spare magazine from my belt. Asked the Security Officer if I could just keep the mag, or let him hold it for the half-hour (turned out to be more than an hour) that I'd be sitting there. NO....

(Actually, not a stupid rule - somebody else could have snuck the rest of the gun in, but I doubt if the pair would be quite as up-front about it :) .)

So, I had to slide back (that's about the only way to describe it) to the car....

On the way out (finally!), I asked the guard if he could sleep tonight after making an old guy like me walk back to the car in that sort of weather. His response was a smile, and "sure".... We both got a good laugh. WHO do you sue if you fall down during that "park the magazine" cycle?

(My "passenger" had no idea....)

I've had to remove holsters before - TSA at PIT (or CLE - I forget which :) decided that the little metal clip was a hazard.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Firearms are banned because they are deadly weapons. Empty holsters are banned because they are political statements.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
gfrlaser wrote:The look on his face told me that he really wanted to say some snowflake might see it and get upset.
He was smart not to actually use that term though, as:

1943, 18 - 24 year olds were storming the beaches of Europe, facing almost certain death.
2017, 18 -24 year olds need a safe space because their feelings are hurt.

How's that for progress?
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark