Franklin county chl office question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nateoiler2710

Franklin county chl office question

Post by nateoiler2710 »

I went in yesturday for a reprint of my chl paid the 15 dollars and they said they have a problem. I looked at the reason they wouldnt reprint and they said my NON JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT is now barring me from a reprint but i called delaware county and hes said hes seen this happen and i should have gotten the reprint. Did the laws change since 2014? Does me being accused of smoking weed in highschool now bar me from carrying? What are my options here?
nateoiler2710

Re: Franklin county chl office question

Post by nateoiler2710 »

My njp had no bearing on the previous sherrif he approved me in the 45 day period. I told them its not a conviction and to sight the orc which now bars me and he said he couldnt. I asked for a copy of the background check and he said he couldnt do that either. I told him id like to request a meeting with the sherrif or his coordinator to clear up what they see as disbarment but i havent heard anything from them yet.
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

Also stopped a cop yesturday to see if i was still valid to carry and he said yes as long as i have the card but the ccw office refuses to reprint. Wth is going on over there? Do i need a lawyer to clear up this incompetence? Or does anyone have any cheaper ideas like getting a virginia non resident permit?
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

Does this mean my nfa items are now illegal?
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

You might need to talk to a lawyer about this.

A friend had a juvenile diversion sentence for something in CA that was a misdemeanor in the 1980's when he was charged and diverted. CA subsequently has made that offense a felony, and started entering stuff into some shared database of offenders. So he owns NFA and many Title I guns....and all of the sudden he is denied on a NICS check, they say he is a felon.

He hired a decent attorney that is RKI on the gun stuff, and took his guns to an FFL for "repair" in the interim while it was straightened out.

http://www.mbassociateslaw.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the guy he used.

Might be that you can just get that juvenile record sealed and be good to go.....but I am strictly guessing about that.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

Juvenile? Im lost.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

nateoiler2710 wrote:Juvenile? Im lost.
You said this.....................
Does me being accused of smoking weed in highschool now bar me from carrying?
I presumed that meant it was a Juvenile offense.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).