where can I find a good reciprocity map?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

waynepatt

where can I find a good reciprocity map?

Post by waynepatt »

Can any one tell me where I can find good reciprocity maps, the interactive kind. Tried a few sites such as usacarry was close but not exactly what I was after, then this site http://www.gunstocarry.com/ccw-reciprocity-map/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and that was even worse! What I am looking for is a map I can input my multiple permits into and it will spew out all the states that will accept those permits. You would think in this day and age something like that would exist! If you have any suggestions please post a reply, thanks.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: where can I find a good reciprocity map?

Post by JustaShooter »

USACarry is the only one I know that does what you want, what is it about their map you don't like?

(BTW, With an Ohio license, there isn't much point in adding any other states. All states that accept licenses from another state accept Ohio *except* MN. So, any other state licenses you have will be for that specific state only).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Oh, and welcome to the OFCC forums!
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tiberius
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Tiberius »

This site will let you check multiple states and build a reciprocity map
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are also several smart phone apps you can download that cost between free and a few dollars. I have an app called "CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State Guide" that I think I paid $.99 for several years ago. I am not sure if I would buy it today though, because like JustaShooter said "All states that accept licenses from another state accept Ohio *except* MN"
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Tiberius wrote:This site will let you check multiple states and build a reciprocity map
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm not a fan of that one since it doesn't distinguish between resident and non-resident licenses, which can make a difference.
NRA Life Member