Ohio: Right to Carry Reform Bill Moves on to 5th Hearing

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Ohio: Right to Carry Reform Bill Moves on to 5th Hearing

Post by Chuck »

We have the actual sub bill on Facebook

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Sub%20 ... 87lBqbG-Dm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't have Facebook pm me and I wil email it to you tonight
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Chuck wrote:We have the actual sub bill on Facebook

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Sub%20 ... 87lBqbG-Dm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't have Facebook pm me and I wil email it to you tonight
That loaded a PDF!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

That's what the bill is
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

I just don't understand why the need to present the physical CHL and verbalize having a gun. The second part doesn't add any information, since the only reason to provide the CHL is to inform the officer about the gun.

Unless the reason is to trip up licensees (including out-of-state licensees who will be less familiar with these kind of trip-ups) to allow for the charge. If that's the reason, then it make perfect sense.

It's better than what we've got now, since it clarifies when notification is required to a much more easily understood standard, gets rid of the "must notify every law enforcement officer" thing that got a licensee a while back, and gets rid of the less-than-completely-clear "must promptly notify" part. Still it's not as good as it could be and does have some pitfalls.