Are judges allowed to skirt the law?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Funk49

Are judges allowed to skirt the law?

Post by Funk49 »

Judge shot in Steubanville.....I thought you weren't allowed to have a firearm in courts? Apparently this judge was carrying...concealed,even though the attorney generals site says
you are not allowed in courts....What gives?
JediSkipdogg

Re: Are judges allowed to skirt the law?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Funk49 wrote:Judge shot in Steubanville.....I thought you weren't allowed to have a firearm in courts? Apparently this judge was carrying...concealed,even though the attorney generals site says

Judges are exempt....

2923.123 Illegal conveyance of deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance into courthouse - illegal possession or control in courthouse.
(A) No person shall knowingly convey or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance into a courthouse or into another building or structure in which a courtroom is located.
(B) No person shall knowingly possess or have under the person's control a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance in a courthouse or in another building or structure in which a courtroom is located.
(C) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) Except as provided in division (E) of this section, a judge of a court of record of this state or a magistrate;
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Holier than thou. Lawyers in suits (at the statehouse) create a special exemption for lawyers in robes (at the courthouses).
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Funk49 wrote:Judge shot in Steubanville.....I thought you weren't allowed to have a firearm in courts? Apparently this judge was carrying...concealed,even though the attorney generals site says

Judges are exempt....
And the shooting happened outside the courthouse, so "in court" wouldn't apply.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Brian D. wrote:Holier than thou. Lawyers in suits (at the statehouse) create a special exemption for lawyers in robes (at the courthouses).
I don't wear a robe, not even at bath time.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

Werz wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Holier than thou. Lawyers in suits (at the statehouse) create a special exemption for lawyers in robes (at the courthouses).
Wait; first it was skirts, then it was suits, and now it's robes?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Glad you caught that, rimfire.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Werz wrote:
.....and I don't think that's anything, any of us here, really wanted to know, Werz !

But anyway, ya, judges are "S P E C I A L " if only in their own minds. :roll:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Werz wrote:
.....and I don't think that's anything, any of us here, really wanted to know, Werz !

But anyway, ya, judges are "S P E C I A L " if only in their own minds. :roll:
I don't wear a robe, but I do wear a gun. And that will continue until the ones in robes promulgate a local rule which doesn't allow them to carry, either.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.