East Cleveland area question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: East Cleveland area question

Post by Brian D. »

Y'all are overthinking this: In a big urban area some places get revitalized (for a while). But unless they're right off the interstate used to get there, one has to pass through pre-existing or newly created toilet town to get to and from.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:Y'all are overthinking this: In a big urban area some places get revitalized (for a while). But unless they're right off the interstate used to get there, one has to pass through pre-existing or newly created toilet town to get to and from.
^ Ain't that (always) the truth! :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I was being a little glib, but that's sincerely my take. Keep your head on a swivel EVERYPLACE you go. Carry whenever it's legal. Realize that an area which was nice two years ago may now be very bad. Or, vice versa, but a positive turnaround takes longer.Get intel from locals, ahead of time, but don't take it as absolute gospel.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:I was being a little glib, but that's sincerely my take.
It's really not that far from the truth.
Keep your head on a swivel EVERYPLACE you go. Carry whenever it's legal.
Exactly.

If I had a quarter for every time I've read the comment "I can't believe it, that's just around the corner from my home, and we live in a good area!"

I'm always surprised at the fact that folks who carry a firearm for self-defense somehow would magically think that the time and place of the encounter is somehow foreseeable or predictable and that the gun is a magical amulet against evil.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I ride a bicycle through East Cleveland often enough. Yes I usually carry there but have never had a problem. It's like a mini Detroit. East Cleveland is a small town a mile south of I-90. Unless you are going to a location in East Cleveland, you'd have no reason to even go through it. The Cleveland Clinic and CWRU are just to the west.

The cities east of cleveland with hotels/motels are all relatively average. Mentor has serious traffic at times. Down 271 you'll pay more in Beachwood or Orange ( for lodging and food).
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!