Ohio State Fair

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Ohio State Fair

Post by evan price »

Anecdote:
Attending tonight's Pentatonix concert. Haven't been to the fair in decades. There are metal detectors.
I wasn't carrying a pistol but i had my usual assortment of flashlight, multi-tool, several pocket knives, etc. And somehow two sets of car keys...

One of the OSHP Troopers looked in the bin and made the comment "Geez you're well equipped," then picked up my Kershaw folder and said, "This guy's trying to sneak in a samurai sword, ha ha..." And i was thinking I'd have to hike back to Mapfre stadium to leave it in the car.
So I retorted, "Well, I left my guns at home tonight so no spare ammo or backup gun."
To my surprise the trooper said, "Well you could have brought it, ccw is legal at the Fair," and handed back my Kershaw.

This was a surprise.. not because it was legal (which i knew it was, but i was going in a building which wasn't)..because this is a pleasant surprise to see a well informed Trooper.

Anyway, kudos to OSHP tonight.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Ohio State Fair

Post by Javelin Man »

Last time I was there with my daughter, a trooper told both of us we had to unclip our knives and hide them in our pockets. :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

The last time I was there (1961),Dad & Grandpa drug me & my brother around looking at Tractors & Farm implements. No rides for us ! :lol:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Tru-Heathen wrote:The last time I was there (1961),Dad & Grandpa drug me & my brother around looking at Tractors & Farm implements. No rides for us ! :lol:
Tractors and farm implements are cool. The older they are, the cooler they are.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

True enough,but those weren't old. ( I grew up on a dairy farm .)
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.