Can we have a frank discussion here?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Can we have a frank discussion here?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

WY_Not wrote:We really need a reminder system around here when memberships are about to expire. :mrgreen:

To make amends, I bumped up to Patron.

Edit to add: At least I thought I did. Thought they were instant/automatic now?
You should be getting reminder emails about 30 and 7 days in advance of expiration. I see the system processing them daily and assume it is functioning to send them out.

Also, the status icon is updated once per hour. So it's semi instant.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

All good; note the mr green smile. Basically me being my usual smarta$$ self. I got the notifications this spring. But at the time couldn't swing it, as they say life happens and all that.

Would it be possible add an optional (opt in) function to the join/renew process to make it recurring? Then the notices would be more like reminders to go check one's credit card info to make sure it won't get bounced.
JediSkipdogg wrote:
WY_Not wrote:We really need a reminder system around here when memberships are about to expire. :mrgreen:

Edit to add: At least I thought I did. Thought they were instant/automatic now?
You should be getting reminder emails about 30 and 7 days in advance of expiration. I see the system processing them daily and assume it is functioning to send them out.

Also, the status icon is updated once per hour. So it's semi instant.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

How about when it is time to renew OFCC sends you a card and a dozen roses ? :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Thank you for your support!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Nah. Not much of a flower guy. A box of cigars or a bottle of bourbon would be appreciated though.

To each their own. Auto-renew would just make life easier for both parties. Especially if it is optional. Not all of us like driving slow in the wrong lane or having to manually process something that can be automated.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Making such a big deal out of renewing is ridiculous IMO...whether you drive left or right...74 and never a accident....if you are such a high tec guy put it on you're phone calendar or computer or Ipad. :)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Who's making a big deal? Chuck asked for ideas. I made a suggestion. Technology is supposed to make life easier. Allow it to do so.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

WY_Not wrote:Who's making a big deal? Chuck asked for ideas. I made a suggestion. Technology is supposed to make life easier. Allow it to do so.
I'm trying to think of any downfalls on why we don't do that now. About the only one is...we've never done it so we don't know if it so we don't know what really happens.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I carry my OFCC membership card in my wallet....every few months I go through my wallet and clean it out...and low and behold is the date when it expires...low tec I know but it works...
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Potential downfall...
- CC is expired and request for payment is rejected. Email sent to member who then either updates his data and renews or doesn't and lets it lapse.
- People complaining about getting an "unexpected" bill. If the auto-renew requires them to opt in then this is mitigated somewhat. They must make a conscious effort to activate auto-renewal.

Benefit...
- Fewer people lapsing memberships as a result of inertia. People are lazy. Easier to let it renew than make the effort to go in and cancel.
- Fewer people lapsing memberships as a result of procrastination. People are forgetful. Too easy to see the renewal notice and think that "Oh I'll get to it next week", then next week rolls around and it slips their mind or they get busy and it gets forgotten in the shuffle.
JediSkipdogg wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Who's making a big deal? Chuck asked for ideas. I made a suggestion. Technology is supposed to make life easier. Allow it to do so.
I'm trying to think of any downfalls on why we don't do that now. About the only one is...we've never done it so we don't know if it so we don't know what really happens.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

We get membership cards? Honestly don't recall getting one but then again I've slept since then.

Never got into the habit of putting anything in my wallet that I don't use on a regular basis; DL, CHL, CC, and Kroger and Marsh cards. Membership cards, receipts, etc get filed in the filing cabinet when received.
carmen fovozzo wrote:I carry my OFCC membership card in my wallet....every few months I go through my wallet and clean it out...and low and behold is the date when it expires...low tec I know but it works...
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You seem to be a very intelligent person...you have a answer for everything.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Just part of the job that carries over. Tech writer; so I spend the day writing manuals telling people how to install, operate, troubleshoot, and repair industrial machines, aircraft components, medical equipment etc. The more questions/issues I can anticipate and answer, the fewer revisions and editing down the road.

As far as the membership card question, it was actually a sincere question. I honestly couldn't remember.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Put it on you're phone calendar..
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

I like the auto renew idea. I have that set up on a number of subscriptions and annual dues. I hate having to think about it. It shows up and I am glad to see that it took care of itself.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin